Spider ID Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by catfishjohn, Sep 30, 2008.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    After reading Dano's thread I already had spiders on my mind. I was getting ready to take a shower and found this critter in the tub. I looked at a couple spider ID sites but still not sure what kind it is. He'll be the dead kind soon...LOL!!! In a way it looks like a Brown Recluse but in other ways it doesn't at all. No idea really, this is the first time I've seen one like this inside the house. Usually when I see a spider I kill it first and then its non identifiable...LOL! I tried to get pics of it but their not the best. I hope its just a common non-venomous one. BTW, I HATE Spiders!!!!!
    Any help is appreciated.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/spider004.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/spider005.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/spider006.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/catfishjohn73/spider0022.jpg

2. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have no clue what it is.
    but it looks like its been eating good.LOL:smile2:

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: It does appear that way.:smile2:
    I have no clue either but I'm pretty sure its not a Recluse. Whatever it is its gonna be a dead spider soon...:roll_eyes::smile2:

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I figured it out. Its a Sac Spider. Their bite isn't near as bad as a Brown Recluse. I'm hoping there aren't any more around...:crazy::eek:oooh::wink::smile2:

5. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    John,

By seeing that black dot on it sure looks like a Brown Widow Goggle it and see what u think

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks! It does sorta look like that. Here is the link to the Sac spider. It looks almost identical to a female Sac spider. I also read that its bite is often confused with the Brown Recluse but not as severe. It can still make you pretty sick. I'm glad I caught it, now its time to dispose of it...:roll_eyes::wink::smile2:

http://bugguide.net/node/view/223712

7. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Who gives a " @#$@" what kind it is????:eek:oooh::tounge_out::smile2::wink: The "dead" kind is the best:wink: i am sure there is a save-the-spider-club on here somewhere.....:smile2: my question is have ya ever been put in the hospital by 1 of those dudes?? It hurt worse than kidney-stones..I've had both:eek:oooh: Not at the same time thank-God!!!

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

I gotta agree. A dead spider is the only good kind. I hate them with a passion!!! Never been bitten by one and hope I never am. I guess I've been lucky so far on that.
    If there is a save the spider club around,,,well their too late for this one...:smile2:
    Normally I kill all spiders on sight and don't wonder or care what kind. :smile2:
    This one caught my eye and I was just curious. Its time to go get some good pesticides and spray the house. Did I mention I hate spiders?:smile2:

9. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.

DONT EVER , AND I MEAN EVER POST PICS THAT UP CLOSE OF AN 8 LEGGED FREAK AGAIN. damn ! now im looking all around for one of them nasty things:sad2::eek:oooh:

10. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    WAIT! That's the critically endangered Eastern Brown Horribleious Fangtooth Spider. Deadly poisonous, added to the federal endangered species list back in 1972. Penalty for harming one is $100k, and up to 12 years in the federal Pen. Whatever you do, don't kill it :crazy:

11. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    Aw man :embarassed:

12. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    KILLEM' ALL! PERIOD! There is only 2 types of spiders in my book, alive and dead....And there needs to be a lot more of the latter!:wink:

13. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: Well, this one is on the extinct species list now!:roll_eyes::smile2:
    I hate spiders with a passion! I'd rather step on a copperhead than get close to a spider!:crazy::eek:oooh: It took all I had to capture and get pics of this one! I won't be doing that anymore, I'll go back to my old ways and squash first and wonder later...:smile2:

bnewsom I 100% agree with that post!!!:wink::smile2:

14. joer

joer New Member

State:
    columbiaMo

15. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Im more afraid of heights than spiders myself. But Ill kill a widow no problem.

16. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    I guess I am the save a spider guy.

I always catch them and throw em outside unless its a recluse or widow.
    I catch and release snakes and any insect I find in my way I figure wth they aint botherin me lol

I killed 8 black widow and 4 recluse spider in 2 days at work.We were running a mandrel thru new sewer pipe and there was one in every manhole it seemed.

17. ldkitch

ldkitch New Member

State:
    Henderson, KY
    OOOHHH GOD!!!! I got the hibby jibbys now!!!! I HATE spiders too!!! After I saw those pics, I kept scratching my leg thinking one was crawling up it!!! EEEEKKKK!!! :crazy: I agree with the guys, the only good spider is a dead one!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I guess I'm a redneck,I hate MOST all spidey's,Trantulas,live if I find em around the yard,But its fun trying to run them over when they have thier fall migration:cool2::smile2::smile2:

19. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Here are 2 very good pics side by side of the black widow and brown recluse...both have distinctive markings.

Attached Files:

20. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Where we live in SC, BWs and BRs are EVERYWHERE! I kill BRs in the HOUSE all the time. They especially like to get in the tub. I kill two or three a year in the tub. They like to walk around the house at night. I only kill the inside ones. I usually let the BWs live as they stay outside. We live in an old 20s era large farmhouse, and the only way to eradicate them would be to put a tent over the whole house and fumigate, and I doubt if that would get 'em all! :crazy:
    Bill in SC