Spending a couple days fishing with my Dad

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Djtrikee, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    My dad is comming down to columbus monday night. He lives up near lake erie. I thought i'd take him around to some fishing spots, he mentioned about catching saugeye or bass. Are they still hitting this time of year and if so, what places around columbus could I go catch them. I know at o'shaug ive caught both of them, and also thinking about doing some monday nite catfishing too.

2. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Not sure any spots around columbus! But its real cool you and your dad get to get together and do some fishing! Good luck to both of you!

3. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Dan,Probably the best technique right now for saugeyes near Columbus is to tightline with minnows in windblown flat areas at Alum. Check the OGF site under "new technique". They've been raving about their catches up there this past week with this technique at Alum. Good luck man!

4. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    DanI think is great that you and your dad spend time togeather fishing good luck to you and your dad..

5. fishnvince

fishnvince New Member

State:
    na
    Good luck Dan. Always a special time when you get to fish with the old man. Have fun and let us know how the trip went

6. Djtrikee

Djtrikee New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Great day to be out fishing, well we didnt catch much...just some bluegills lol oh yeaa bait.......saw a couple big cats swimming around in this pond i went to. Went to griggs and oshaug..

Well, it may be time to put the rods up for the winter and ready myself for spring.

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Dan go as much as your Dad wants to go, for me I wish I could still take him out. My father fished for carp most of the time but I wish I could still have some time with him.

8. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    there aint nothing like spending time with your dad so spend as much time as you can with him i know i wish i still had my dad to spend time with life was never greater than spending time with him

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Good luck fishing brother! I hope you can show him a good time

10. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Dan,
    Enjoy this time to the fullest with your Dad and good luck fishing

11. Djtrikee