Spencer Lake March 22

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jmjackson333, Mar 22, 2009.

1. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    My boy Cannon(5), Denny and I went out today for a few hours and caught some nice channels Cannon caught two, one 15 incher and one that was pushing five pounds! He caught that big one on his ancient Zebco 33 combo!! I had to help him 'cause he pulled it out of his hands twice! He was afraid to hold it for a picture so I took a picture of him holding the little one!!:smile2: It was good to get out on the boat and fighting some cats again.
    I know that the local coyote population (what is left of them), is sure glad that the catfish are biting again!!!:eek:oooh::wink:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. onetoughpole

onetoughpole New Member

State:
    Ohio
    That's great to hear. I was thinking of heading out to Spencer a little later this week. What type of bait were you using? I was thinking of using some nightcrawlers.

3. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Everything was working. anywhere from 3 to 8 feet of water on the bottom with a slip sinker. They were super aggressive for this time of year. Darn near yank the rod overboard!

4. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Glad you guys caught some and had a great time. "Tis the season to be Cattin'..."

5. ohio hilljack

ohio hilljack New Member

State:
    ohio
    That is a good day on the lake glad you had a good time with your boy. Thanks for the report and depths and bait update, maybe I can use your methods to improve my early season fishing.

6. onetoughpole

onetoughpole New Member

State:
    Ohio

That's Awesome.

7. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I see you are getting ready for our tournament. It will be time soon.

Just remember...I know your secret spot.

8. jmjackson333

jmjackson333 New Member

State:
    Spencer, O
    Ha Ha I'm not going to bother with it 'cause everybody from around here will be fighting for it!!!! Thats the problem with a lake that is only 56 acres, all the "secret spots" are very well known!!!:roll_eyes:

9. varmint_sniper

varmint_sniper New Member

State:
    OHIO
    congrats to ur boy awsome job with i had got into catys today all i caught on bottom was 6 L.M bass but i had fun anyways but they werent as big as ur cats