Spencer Lake Flatheads

Discussion in 'OHIO LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by 72hdflh, Jun 30, 2008.

1. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I was speaking with an older gentleman at Spencer Lake on Sat. night and he told me he had caught about a 24" flathead earlier that evening, I didn't get to see the fish as he had released it. I believe he knew what he was talking about as he has fished a lot of the lakes that are well known for their flathead populations, and the fish that he described to me was definately a flathead. I just hope that they are breeding and doing well in there and that the population will grow.

2. KatfishKyle

KatfishKyle New Member

State:
    Wayne Co. Ohio
    I hope so too Joe, we need more flathead waters here our way. I cleaned 2 flatties for a friend last summer he caught out of Spencer. They wernt huge, but they were still flatties. If it were me that caught them they would have been released to grow bigger. But, they tasted pretty darn good.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like progress to me,

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I have heard stories, but never actually seen a flathead out of Spencer.

5. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    I think I will start targeting them a lot more, I usually only fish for bait and channels out there. If I do get lucky out there and catch one it will definately be CPR'd. This is about the third or fourth different person that has told me of flatties out there.