Speeders beware!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL NORTH CAROLINA TALK' started by bigblaze, Aug 8, 2007.

1. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    On my commute through Wake County this morning on the new 540 I noticed a person standing on the overpass.

well i was in no hurry...(for once in a lifetime) so i was not speeding...again for once in a lifetime....as I got closer to the bridge i noticed he was not walking. He was just standing there...well imedialtely I thought he may be one of those guys you always here about throwing things off the bridge....

Well as i got closer i noticed it was a state trooper with a radar gun in his hand...now this is one of them new fancy kind. the kind that have a cross hair inside the view piece so the trooper can pinpoint his target...

as i passed under the bridge...i noticed about 4 state trooper cars just waiting but as i started down the hill i counted about 6 state trooper cars that already had cars pulled over....

I read an article and saw it on our local tv station. it's a new radar not sure what it's called but since it's new not many radar detectors or jammers will pick it up....

if you get a ticket and have to pay a fine...that will be less money you will have to gas up the boat or truck to go fishing:smile2:

2. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    They have been doing that alot on Hwy 64 near Spring Hope as well..

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    First time I saw that was Good Friday on 40 highway right before Benson.
    Since I went to second shift and dont have all that traffic to fight to and from RTP I set my cruise control. Its amazing how much you can stretch your fuel mileage if you dont speed and keep that RPM at 2000 or less.
    I can get one extra 70 mile commute out of a tank of fuel by setting the cruise control.:big_smile:

4. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    Gotta watch the cops they can be very sneaky sometimes

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    This is used on I57 and I24 in So. Illinois. They have also added Motorcycle cops to handle speeders only. If traveling through So Illinois, lock your cruise on the posted speed limit.:smile2:

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The Highway Patrol is unveiling a new campaign in September.
    Its to deter people from drafting tractor trailers.

There was a newspaper article a few weeks ago about the Prius owners and one man interviewed said that all of Prius owners try to reach the magical number of 50MPG. Evidently they have realtime readout on the dash with the fuel mileage.
    He went on to say how Prius owners were often drafting the big trucks.
    That article is what is spurring this campaign so watch your following distance on all other vehicles. They are going to crack down.