Speckled Trout

Discussion in 'Salt Water Fishing' started by ersel, Apr 9, 2006.

1. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Anyone fish for Specs? I'm headed to Hackberry La. for a trip tomorrow morning and had not seen a thread for specs.

2. ratred

ratred New Member

State:
    mississippi
    Try rodandreel.com. Great website for saltwater fishing.

3. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    There's a large assortment of lures you can use. Any of the jointed minnow lures colored in black and silver work good.

My favorite way to fish for them was using live shrimp, hooked through the horn. Use lite line if you freeline them or put them about 2,3' under a popping bobber. When you see that shrimp popping up all around that bobber trying to get away, hang on, he's about to be dinner.

4. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We had a good trip wound up with 78 trout 8 redfish and 4 flounder. Caught them all on popping corks with glow/chartruse hackberry assaisains.

5. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Awesome trip! I'll bet it was a blast! Congrats!

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    congratulations.better be careful though salt water will get in your blood.6weeks and 2 days and im in the florida surf.grilled black tip , blue crab and florida pompano.

7. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    We fish that area 10-15 times a year it is always a fun time and the number of fish is amazing! Last year we took a night trip and kept 228 trout in 2 nights.

8. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Got room for one more? LOL

I'm heading to Abbeville next weekend for some redfishin! We used to fish around Golden Meadow, Leeville, and Grand Isle a good bit. I've made a few trips out of Venice as well. Then, my family moved way up north to Mississippi...LOL I still get down that way as often as possible but those trips are few and far between. Life happens!

I'd love to get down there more often. Hearing stories like yours makes me so jealous!

9. slimepig

slimepig New Member

State:
    Kerrville Texas
    its hard to beat live croakers for catchin large specs. Also you might try DOA shrimp.