Special Thanks For All Your Prayers

Discussion in 'Prayer Request' started by blkhawkdwn, Apr 7, 2007.

1. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Just liek the Title says: as of Thursday afternoon I will not be heading to Iraq. GOD has placed his armor of Protection around myself and a few others in my unit and I'm no longer headed into harms way. you all have been a blessing and each and everyone of you.

I say from the Bottom Of My Heart (THANK YOU). For the prayers that have been poured out to myself and the other Soldiers that are serving in the Armed Forces. Much love to you all and thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you :0a31: :beauty: :sweet_kiss:

2. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Ula,
    I am glad to hear the news for you and the other soldiers! Did your enitre unit get to stay back or was it a select few? None the less, you all are testament to the Lord's power and the fact that regardless of what man says, His is the final word!:smile2: I pray for all our brothers and sisters in this war (on both sides) and that this war will come a peaceful end one day and then none of us will have to go back.

3. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Mr. Jones,

I am so glad that you will be safe and sound. Thank you for all that you have done for us and our country, May God be with you in your journeys.

**Hugs**

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is great news, thanks for serving our country.

5. bigcat_chaser

bigcat_chaser New Member

State:
    Cincy, Ohio
    Good Deal, glad to see ya dodged that one, I dodged it twice myself but they finally got around to me, so heres to ya hope they lose your number take care and save me a fish or two when I get back :big_smile:

6. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    There are only a select few that were. The bad thing is the lack of experience they will have over there. the unit has never been deployed and there are only 17 of us that has been in a war zone and know what to expect. the only reason there are 17 of us is because we all just got off Active Duty.

7. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Yes I'm happy I don't have to go, but at the same time I'm sad that I don't have to go

8. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I can sure understand those mixed feelings, Ula. We'll just keep praying that God will cover those who are going with His protection. I'm thinking that He has work for you to do here... so it's not like you're out of the action :smile2: And prayer is action, too!
    Take care & God bless and keep you and your family.

9. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    We,ve been running into the same deal here. Every deployment that we return from, a chunk of our first and second term Marines decide to not re-up at EAS, taking good experience with them. Some are just tired of deploying seemingly non-stop. Since we got extended out here on the 31st MEU, more of our Marines have definately made the decision to not re-up. It's a pretty harsh cycle...

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thats wonderfull news Ula, theres nothing that cant be healed by the power of prayer.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great news! Thank You for all you do for us and God Bless!!!

12. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I too understand your mixed feelings Ula, but as for myself, I sure was happy to hear someone say they WEREN'T going :smile2:. Don't think any of us relish the idea of our BOC brothers being in harm's way, and we've had to see quite a few off already :sad2:. I imagine your family is relieved also. Continuing to keep you and our other servicemen in my prayers, thanks for all that you do!

13. Wally

Wally New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Ula,
    I hope and pray that NONE of you Boys got to go over there, but I am SOOOOOO thankful to know that if the need arises, We, the United States of America, have the GREATEST forces to combat ANY enemy in the world!!!!
    You guys are the GREATEST !!!!
    I pray that God keeps all of our personnel safe and bring them safely back to their families

14. DM1975

DM1975 New Member

State:
    Manhattan, Kansas
    My unit is in Iraq right now and I am stuck back in the states. I have already been twice and would go again but a week before they left the doctors found a cyst on my brain that is severly effecting me so no go back to war for me. Now it is a different kind of battle(the battle with Army medical beauracracy).

Good luck on you getting to stay back. That place can be hell. I know what you are feeling as all my guys have never seen combat. We are one of the new lifecycle units so lots of new folks and very few vets. I pray for them every day.

15. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Great news Brother I can understand the mixed feellings may be its the Lords will that you not go :

16. blkhawkdwn

blkhawkdwn New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    its funny, the reason I say this is because last sunday I talked with my pastor and co- pastor and he (my pastor) told me that God told him that I volunteered to go over to Iraq with my unit. This is very ture he also told me that it was only to get away from my family inorder to get a piece of mind. This kinda shocked me in a big way for i had not told anyone not even my wife that i volunteered. but he told me to pray oon this as well and I did say a small prayer on monday night and didn't think of it again. And thrusday was when i got the news of me not going. Its is truely by the Grace of GOD that i"m not going.

If no one believes in Jesus or GOD I tell you he has blessed me more than once.

17. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ula Good News. Yes, Prayer does change things.
    :smile2: :smile2: