Special Moments

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Buddrice, May 29, 2006.

1. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I just wanted to share one of my best fishing trips in my life.My grand- daughter is 7 Years old and I have taken her two brothers fishing and hunting with me several times but never her.Her brothers are 10 and 11 and into sports,fishing and hunting.In fact they took their first deer each last season.My grand-daughter has never been interested in either until this year.One day she looked at me and said (Pap-Paw will you take me fishing) and I said (yes I will take you fishing) Today was that day and I had a blast.We brought home 39 bream that she caught with a total weight of 6 lb 13 oz.Her comment was (Pap-Paw fishing is fun) and I asked her if she wanted to do it again and her comment was (well yes) so now I have another fishing partner.My wife was fishing with us and only caught five,but I think she was too busy watching our grandaughter have fun. All I can say is that it was one of my best fishing trips ever.
    :big_smile:

Attached Files:

2. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Great post! Thanks for sharing!
    Brought a smile to my face.

3. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Good stuff man, either you got alot of bait, or a good meal right there! Congratuate her from me and my family!

Aaron

TA2D

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    excellent, Buddy:big_smile:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post, glad you got to go fishing with your grandaughter. She is all smiles.

6. onlyone

onlyone New Member

State:
    SE Kansas
    Whats a momment? :lol: JK Cute picture of the little girl though. Looks like she was having fun.

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Oh well,where is that teacher Cheryl when you need her?LOL

8. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for all the replies,I think she had as much fun as I did.You people are an awesome bunch.

9. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Bud, where in Louisiana did you catch those fish, What lake/river/pond?

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Theirs nothing better than taking a kid fishing for the first time. She looks like one happy little girl.

11. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Verlon,we caught them out of Bishops point on the Red River off of Hwy 1.We never got out of site of the boat ramp.

12. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Wow, what a catch! You can bet she will be following in Grandpa and Grandma's footsteps! Breanna is a cutie!

P.S. I didn't check the time of the post, but I bet the teacher was asleep............dreaming. Heck use the ABC spell checker that comes with the Google bar. Sorry sometimes my OCD comes out more than others. :crazy:

Y'all take care!

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

This made me :lol: . Thanks for the laugh, BTW, I wasn't asleep. I was outside working in the yard, as the power was out along with my cell phone provider and home phone. Lights stayed off about an hour and half, then the cell phone network is still messed up. Comes and goes. Crazy. Anyway, wondered since it was a holiday if it was a ..........never mind, that was part of that crazy dream I had last night. Take care.

14. wareagle

wareagle New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Buddy it looks like yall had a blast.

15. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Rep points for that one. Great post!

16. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: NOW THAT IS WHAT I'D CALL ONE REALLY HAPPY GIRL. AND ONE PROUD GRANDPA. LOOKS LIKE YOU'VE GOT YOURSELF A REAL CUTE FISHING PARTNER. TELL HER CONGRAD FROM US UP HERE IN MO. BY THE WAY WHAT THE HECK IS A BREAM? KEEP HEARING ABOUT THEM BUT REALLY DON'T KNOW FAMILY OF FISH THEY BELONG TOO.

17. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Great post Buddy. Thanks for sharing your special time with your granddaughter with us. You'll find a copy of your post in the library now in the Memorable Fishing Adventures section. Very nice post.

18. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Buddy, this thread puts a big smile on my face! There is nothing more beautiful than when a child discovers fishing. You must be very proud and she will have the memory of this day for the rest of her life!