SPECIAL K WITH BERRIES

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by kingcat12, Aug 22, 2009.

1. kingcat12

kingcat12 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HEY GUYS IM NEW HERE AND I GO CATFISHING AT A LAKE ACROSS FROM MY HOUSE EVERDAY AND IVE BEEN WATCHING PEOPLE PULLING OUT 10 COMMONS IN AN HOURS TIME WITH BALLED UP SPECIAL K WITH RED BERRIES. HAVE YOU GUYS EVER TRIED OR USED THIS

2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nope but that sounds interesting thanks for passing along. Welcome to the BOC Nick. :wink:

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Nick, Welcome to the BOC. I've known people who have fished for carp with wheaties, but never heard of Special K w/berries. Thanks for the tip.

4. countryboy32c

countryboy32c New Member

State:
    Lansing, KS
    Around here we use to use wheaties and strawberry pop with some kitchen anise spice.

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    :0a25: welcome to the boc nick

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Nick welcome to the B.O.C ,if i was you an i saw it working for the others i would give it a try myself .thanks for the post :cool2:

7. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Nick we look forward to reading of your fishing trips. Welcome.

8. Rich.Carpenter

Rich.Carpenter New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Makes sense. I've used Wheaties and strawberry Kool-Aid before with good results. Now that I think about it, Special K with strawberries would be pretty convenient.

9. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal
    Welcome to the BOC Nick....I USE FLOUR + MEAT WHITE CORN + MIEX WATER AND THEN PRENUT BUTTER MORE4 LIL HARD "DOUGHBALL" SO EASY FOR U THAT ALL..U CAN LOOK AT MJE OWN PIC FROM CARP AND KOI CARP TOO OKAY!!:cool2::big_smile::wink:

10. gamaCatsu

gamaCatsu New Member

State:
    NC
    nick.. welcome. i fish for carp just as much as catfish. i almost always have atleast one rod in the water for carp.

my bait i use is very simple! i dont boil anything! nor do i use eggs or peanut butter.

grab a pack or hamburger buns or hot dog buns. a 5 gallon bucket, some (canned corn this is optional) some corn pops cereal and whatever flavoring your chose. i use grape koolaid or cherry. crush up the bread into the bucket, best way is to grind it in your hands until you get crumbs in the bucket do this till you have no bread left, a pack of hotdog buns usually contains 6 i believe. next once you have that crumb like bread, add your koolaid, and corn. corn is optional as i said this helps it break up better and carp like it. as well as catfish.

add corn and koolaid. be sure to drain off all juice from the corn. mix very well! next take your corn pop and place it in the middle of a handful of the mix you made, smash it into a ball. toss it in the water and it should break up in under 5 mins. if it takes longer your breads to wet, stir more and try again. when it breaks up in under 5. place a corn pop on your hook and smash the mix around it in the shape of a ball or better yet what i make is a cylinder type shape. cast out and reel them in!! dont worry about it comming off the hook, i can sling mine 30 yards no problem with a 1oz weight!. let it sit and if you dont get a bite, rebait. key to carp fishing is cast in the same spot to build a pile of bait on the bottom. they will come around eventually. goodluck!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  11. bluecatfish

bluecatfish New Member

State:
    SoCal

Welcome to the BOC Nick...:wink::wink::wink: