Special Father's Day

Discussion in 'TEXAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dominoman, Jun 17, 2009.

1. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    Last weekend a good friend called me and asked if I was busy on this Thursday. We had gone a couple of weeks ago to San Antonio and he is possibly getting converted to fishing for cats after that trip. He asked if I would mind taking his Dad out for a day trip to Fayette County Lake near LaGrange for Father's Day. His Dad is 83 years young and has some health issues. I could think of nothing better to do for him. I contacted some of the folks that fish the lake regular and received lots of tips on baits, locations, etc. One of the gentlemen I contacted guides on the lake almost every week with great success. When I explained what we were doing, he bent over backwards to give me suggestions that have been working for him in the past few weeks, including prime locations. I lost my Dad 6 years ago this month and being able to do this for my friend gave me great feelings. Hopefully we'll be able to post some photos of full coolers in a day or so.

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like a great day on the water! Good luck to you guys and I hope you catch some real big fish

3. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. My hat is off to you, Sir! You'll possibly ever know what a positive impact you had on the older gentleman. I'm betting he's been telling all his buddies about what a good time he had with you. And... that's what fishing is all about, isn't it?

4. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Lonnie i really hope you guy's have a great day on the water and get to put a smile on his face.Fish On

5. dominoman

dominoman New Member

State:
    Dale, Texa
    We had a good fun trip on Thursday. Wind got a little tough as the day went on. We didn't fill the cooler as I had hoped, but we did manage 10 kitties and 5 of the largemouth green carp. The mix of channels and blues we most all within the 2-4 pound range. One of the bass checked in at a little over 5 pounds, but all were within the slot limit and released. All in all it was a great day, I got some action videos off of my small digital camera for them and good photos.

Attached Files:

6. shanelures

shanelures New Member

State:
    ohio
    glad you guys had a great time!! shane

7. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    CONGRATS ON THE CATCH.BET THE OLD TIMER IS STILL TALKING ABOUT IT.

8. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Looks like ya'll had a blast!!!

9. jer__man

jer__man New Member

State:
    Kingwood Texas
    You always hear or see take a kid fishing. But in reality we are all kids no matter what our age and I guarentee the oldest kid on the boat that day had the most fun. :big_smile: Way to go Lonnie

10. centexcop

centexcop New Member

State:
    Texas
    Sounds like a good trip with great company. That's a very good thing that you did. I have always thought that it's good to take kids and older people that don't have the opportunities to do it themselves anymore. We were all a kid once and we're going to be old. I just hope that when I reach the age that I can no longer go fishing by myself that there will be a Lonnie around to take me.

11. el-de-saspamco

el-de-saspamco New Member

State:
    Saspamco,Texas
    Looks like you had a great time.

Rubes