Speaking of fishing lines, I'd like your thoughts

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Sunburn, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Sunburn

Sunburn New Member

State:
    Williamsto
    on what you guys like best. For about all my catfishing I still use Mono. I'm also a sucker for Bass Pro Shops stuff. I've never bought anything from them that I didn't like and their line comes with a 100% satisfaction warranty. If you don't like it, they'll give you your dough back. Hard to beat that. I like clear blue flourescent so I can see it in the black lights on my boat at night. I see a lot of hits with that set up before I hear or feel them. 20lb test seems about right for me. I buy the big 2250 yard spools for about $20 and change line often. Fishing from a boat most of the time I can chase a really big fish before breaking him off. I guess that's why they make all different kinds of stuff, not all of us like the same things. I'd like to hear what type of line, what size (lb test) line you use and why. Thanks for your time.

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I run 30 and 40lb. Berkely Big Game mosty. I own numerous poles for each situation. I prefer the 30lb. on the 6500 Garicas and the 6000 models. I have two 10000 Big Game Garicas I run 40lb. on . These have more stout rods, and I fish bigger baits closer to the boat on these usually. When I lake fish, I run Power Pro 65lb. on my other 6500 and 6000. I like the braid for castability reasons. But, on the river.... I don't like braid for flathead fishing! Some complain about the stretch of monos, but they simply hold up better in heavy structure.... rollo

3. feetdown

feetdown New Member

State:
    ohio
    I agree..I run 40lb Big Game mono on all my reels matched with a 50-60lb mono leader

4. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have several diffrent set ups and I use power pro braid & mono-I like to be universal bank or boat .They all are good if using em right.

5. catfishbrett

catfishbrett New Member

State:
    Steubenville,Ohio
    i have a few combo's for every situation,Fishing for channels i like 6 or 8lb but if i'm fishing a tourny on the Ohio i use 12lb. for Flatheads i use 15-20lb big game or trilene. i use only mono never really cared for the other stuff. like you i buy alot of stuff from bass pro and never had a prob with any of it.

6. LEROYDOZOIS

LEROYDOZOIS New Member

State:
    Arizona
    that is the only mono i will ever use...

i dont think there is a stronger mono than it

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Berkley Big game 30# is all I have on all my reels. I plan on putting 40# on them before too long, at least on my boat rods.

8. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If you like Bass Pro's products, I would highly recommend trying their Saltwater Tight Line mono. Excellent strength, casts very well and the price is great. Good luck.

9. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Proud user of Vicious Fishing Line. Usually 20 or 30# mono. 15# depending on the situation.

10. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I have some when it was Mossy Oak and its great stuff!!!:wink::big_smile::cool2:

11. Foam Steak

Foam Steak New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I love the stuff. The bait shop I use on the coast uses it for everything including and especially surf casting rigs. I am gradually starting to use it for all of my Mono needs. It just feels good in your hands, is easy to tie, tough, limp and relatively inexpensive. I am sold on it.

12. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Phil I dont use mono anymore. I use spiderwire but still use mono leaders. I like that BPS mono line also. Now I have 10 years worth of leader material. :smile2:

Attached Files:

13. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    I use the 20# cajun red line.I like it because its tuff as nails,it can be hard to see sometimes but i love how its so abrasion resistant and strong.I have it on all my rods but one.