Speaking of Cats...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmandeux, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    mine's a wierdo.:tounge_out:

Anytime I start singing, humming, or whistling, she comes thundering in, meowing and rubbing all over me. Too bad it wasn't this easy in high school.:big_smile:

Share your Stupid Pet Tricks.

2. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    Our sits on the windowsill behind a curtain and slaps us in the back of the head.
    Bill

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Our old orange tabby knows he's not s'posed to stay in the house (makes us sneeze) but I'll let him in to eat. When he gets the chance, he'll open the cupboard door beneath the kitchen sink and hide out in there, closing the door behind him. Serves a dual purpose, yanno... the wastebasket is in there, so he can cash in on any tasty morsels that've been tossed out... plus he gets the thrill of freaking me out when I look in there to get sumpin :tounge_out: :big_smile:

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Pets? Well, let's see now. Hmmm....let's start with the dogs. I got a cocker that loves to go tubing. Sits and cries if he's in the boat while my wife is on the tube behind the boat. He also loves to take catfish out of the livewell. He's been stung many times, and just keeps on doing this. LOL Got another cocker that thinks he's armor plated. He loves to play with a cat that loves to smack him in the face all the time. LOL Just got another little cocker(6 weeks) that will be spoiled rotten too soon enough. And we have one male Sheltie. Got two calico cats that are sisters. One sounds like she's got a sore throat when she cries. The other will sit by you and smack you with a paw til you pet it. LOL Got a male peacock that follows my wife around the yard like a puppy. And two females as well. Two Muscovie ducks that seem to know their name. LOL We also have 3 goats, about 15 chickens, 2 parakeets, a bunch of fish in an aquarium. In the past we've had a pot belly pig, turtles and guineas. These are all my wife's pets. She treats each one like it's special. And each one is spoiled so bad it's just not funny! And all but the chicken's have a name. And they used to, til she couldn't keep up with them. With some help from a friend on the board here, she has decided that she doesn't want any horses or mules now. Thanks BAM! LOL And you couldn't possibly imagine all the animals I've talked her out of. LOL

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bryan, your household sounds like ours! Only thing we don't have are the goats, but my ferret makes up for that lol.
    By the way, here's another critter you can talk your wife out of:
    http://www.asspirinacres.com/photo-gallery-miniature-donkeys.html

That's what I want next :lol:

6. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    I love cats. I currently have one. Like most cats, he has several pecuiliar habits. He likes to play "tag". He usually initiates it by grabbing my ankle (with his claws retracted) when I walk past him. When I turn around he runs and I chase him to the other end of my apartment. When I corner him, I tag him and take off running. He catches up with me and tags me and we repeat the process, sometimes for a good 10 minutes.

7. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Shhhhhh! Not too loud now! Don't want her to get any new ideas!! LOL

8. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I showed the pictures of the cute donkeys to my wife and suggested we get one for a pet. She has a wonderful sense of humor - she said "Absolutely not, no, no, no - I've already got one jacka$$ too many to clean up after!":big_smile:

Have a nice day.

9. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    my cat is too fat to do anything funny but what me and my best friend travis do with his cat is get him high on the nip and chase him around the house. he always ends up clinging to the curtains or on the cieling fan or somewhere else hahaha. one timehe was sleeping in the middle of the floor and there was this glass door he always tries to get out at. and i jumped right next to him and he took off lookin to go out of the door and he smacked right into it. lol hes a crazy cat!

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
  11. bigcatch87

bigcatch87 New Member

State:
    louisianna
    well my cat is about 25-30lbers i think that funny in it self but she have does have a strange obession with ice cubes she loves to chew them. and my other cat is on prozac. in im running a mental institution and a jenny craig out the same house.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i like free cats - they are the best kind:big_smile:

Attached Files:

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

well, my cat is about that but i think hes just too lazy to do much of anything... as far as i know i have the biggest cat in my town. haha

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Carolyn,

I believe there is one of those farms in TN. I helped a friend of mine research them to buy a few months back. They are adorable!

Have you seen the minature horses?

Katmandeux,

You don't want me to get started on animals. :big_smile: Some people call me "Ellie Mae". :tounge_out:

Take care.
    Cheryl

15. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    my cats weird too. she attacks me thru the shower curtain while im leaving the kids off at the pool and when another man comes into my home she's all over him but if its a woman then she either avoids her or spits/hisses at her.

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Phil,

That is soooooooo wrong! They say a person that doesn't like animals doesn't like people. :tounge_out:

Let me ship you a couple of cats. Down to 9 here now.

:wink:

Take care.
    Cheryl

17. CoonX

CoonX Member

State:
    Oklahoma City O
    Phil, that looks like a well behaved cat. Just stays there and keeps out of trouble.
    Will

18. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N