Speaker for July Meeting

Discussion in 'Carolina Catfish Club' started by WylieCat, Jun 29, 2007.

1. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Jake Bussolini will be the guest speaker at the Carolina Catfish Club meeting Wednesday July 11th at 7:00pm at the Gander Mountain Store in Mooresville.

Coming from an engineering background, Jake has spent a great deal of time studying sonar images from various depthfinders to understand how the returns relate to fish and other underwater objects. He has even used underwater cameras to see exactly what the images on screen are showing. His presentation is full of actual screen images that help explain what he is talking about.

If you have ever wondered why fish show up as arches, why returns from a moving boat look different than when you are anchored, or countless other situations, Jake will have an explanation. I had the pleasure of seeing one of his presentations last year and I can say that ANY FISHERMAN will learn something from this speaker, and most will learn a lot!!

As always, the meeting is open to the public and free of charge, so make plans to attend.

2. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    Mr. Prez., Jake is a fisherman, just like most of us, and his program on Sonar images and what they really mean is something that we all need to be informed about. I have had the pleasure of fishing with him twice, once on LKN and the last time on the Great Monty with ChrisBlue. I look forward to another great program from Jake. Thanks to Capt. Gus and you for arranging this program.

3. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    I'll tell ya Mac, I am really looking forward to this presentation. Having seen it once left me with a lot of questions once I got back on my boat and started looking at some of the things he discussed.

There is a LOT to learning and understanding what you sonar is telling you, and Jake can help answer many of those questions!!

4. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Name:
    Mac
    As usual, Jake did a great job on Sonar and how it can assist the fisherman in being more productive. Each time I hear his presentation I learn something new about the equipment that we have on our boats.

Last nights meeting was more productive than the knowledge we gained by listening to Jake. We gained four new members and the are: Tim Fox from Scotts, NC; Jude Pfeufer of Statesville, NC; David McCall of Cornelius, NC; and Cary Vanden Broeche of Charlotte, NC. Three of the four were just visting for the first time and signed up at the end of Jake's program.

So, all in all it was a good night for the Carolinas Catfish Club, it's membership and the knowledge that we all gained from attending this meeting.

5. mudkip

mudkip New Member

State:
    SC
    Glad to see Cary joined up. He is gonna be a great addition for CCC. Look forward to meeting the others. Couldn't make the meeting--working late:crazy: