speak softly and carry a big stick

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by brad kilpatrick, Dec 7, 2005.

1. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Speak softly and carry a big stick

this West African proverb is associated with our 26th president Theodore Roosevelt. Teddy was a outdoorsman and conservationist and one of the most lasting contributions from him was the perminant preservations of some of our most unique natural resorces. during his time in office teddy perminantly protected 150 national forests, 51 federal bird reservations, 4 national game refuges, 5 national parks, 18 national monuments, and started 24 reclamation projects. thats a total of about 230,000,000 acres under public protection.I feel that Roosevelt should be held in high esteem by the outdoorsman, for our way of life would not be nearly as rich without this great man.

The Theodore Roosevelt Consevation Partnership is a coalition of organizations and individuals

2. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    continued from above....

working together to preserve the hunting and fishing traditions of the U.S.A. the group is not for profit and membership is free please take a moment and click the link below

http://trcp.org

3. Environmentor

Environmentor New Member

State:
    Buffalo, Iowa
    I am very much a fan of T.R. He is my favorite president (and one of my heros). He did so much with his life. He was such a great man. Have you read alot about him. Did you know he swam the Potomac naked, while in office? Did you know he was shot in the chest, and while bleeding he gave a speech? He did more for conservation than any other person in history!
    Thanks for the great site, I bookmarked it.

4. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    Brad I also joined and thanks for the link.

5. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

I'm in there also,Thanks
    LeakyBoat