spawning?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by ohiocattin15, Jun 15, 2008.

1. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    do you guys think that channel cat spawn in a smaller pond is over already?

it sure seems like ive been tearing them up, and its been really hot lately..just thought id ask

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    from my experience. ponds should be done. they warm alot quicker than moving water and hold temperature warmer through the night hours. I'm sure they have spawned in most places. However, cats don't all spawn at the same exact time. I would say if you are catching them and weren't a couple weeks back as much, then they are probably coming out of it.... goodluck...rollo

3. ohiocattin15

ohiocattin15 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    well im part of a conservation club that i fish all of the time and two weeks ago i was catching a few small channels and it seems like it is picking up speed and my fish are getting bigger, we have this big tournament coming up and everyone is afraid that they will be spawning and not many fish will be caught.thanks for the great info rollo, it seems i can usually count on you to supply it. i have come to the assumption that the small channels i was catching before it picked up were not mature enough to reproduce which wouldn't put them in spawning mode.