Spawning Blues

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by o'boro cat hunter, May 24, 2009.

1. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    When do blues spawn,how long does spawn last,how often do they spawn,will they bite on spawn??????:confused2::confused2: I talken about on major rivers.Thanks Aaron

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    when the water hits 70 here most of the big fish are done for a couple weeks to a month... you will get lucky and catch them now and them but fish small baits and move often because they wont be in a big hurry to find your bait so you will have to go to them..... with u being right in owensboro you just need to switch over to fishing for flatheads when the blues turn off...

3. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Never had much luck with the flats my PB is 8lbs:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile:.The blues are acting a little funny down on my end:confused2::confused2:. Wednesday caught over 200 pounds in 3hrs,not much over he last 3 days.Got a good 17hrs in.

4. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    you are in some of the best flathead water for miles!!!:wink: i guess we are going to have to get hooked up and school you on that area a little...

5. o'boro cat hunter

State:
    kentucky
    Always willing to learn.Thanks

6. recordbreakin1

recordbreakin1 New Member

State:
    texas
    Find out were they are spawning and put some bullheads on as bait.Bullheads are known to be the biggest destroyers of blue and flats spawing nest.They will attack a bullhead like you never seen.

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks Jesse,,,,Good to know. Like when Bass spawn and don't want to bite. Put a plastic lizard in their bed and hold on!!