spawning blue catfish

Discussion in 'TEXAS RIVERS TALK' started by roughneck30, Jun 2, 2009.

1. roughneck30

roughneck30 New Member

State:
    texas
    Went to sabine yesterday and i caught twelve good blues in about two hours. all from 2lbs to 5lbs. full of eggs. the funny thing is icaught them all on danny kings blood. so much for it not working. lol

2. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Where you located, i'm in Sulphur Springs Tx. I've been gettin some good blues down on the sulphur river off the cooper dam.

3. spawnallica

spawnallica New Member

State:
    Texas
    Are you talking about the sabine river that crosses Hwy 69?
    It's a pretty good spot.

4. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    The cooper spillway quit flowin bout a week ago, but there are still plenty of fish to be caught

5. roughneck30

roughneck30 New Member

State:
    texas
    i live in arp but i put in at whiskey bend on 149 in longview. been wanting to put in at gladewater but havent had a chance yet. last year i caught a 52lb blue from one of my favorite holes.

6. roughneck30

roughneck30 New Member

State:
    texas
    went back to the same spots i fished monday and caught 18 blue from 2lbs. to 10lbs in about 3.5 hrs. one of the best trips Ive had in along time.

7. Luke Clayton

Luke Clayton New Member

State:
    Texas
    Luke Clayton here. Which lake were you fishing? Using cut shad? Drifting or anchored?

8. roughneck30

roughneck30 New Member

State:
    texas
    hi luke. i was fishing the sabine river below longview. i used danny kings blood bait. been working real well for me the last couple of years.