Spawning Again?? Opinions?

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Big Cat Hunter, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went down to Monticello today and caught a fish that appeared to be spawning. When I lifted him into the boat he excreted spawning juices. Is there anyone else out there that has run across this? What do you think about this? Could they possibly be spawning again this late? I have included a pic of my boat where he let his deposit. Other than that it was really hot today and the bite was slow. This morning it was so foggy I could not see but about 100 yards in any direction.

2. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sorry I forgot to add the pic.

Attached Files:

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    May have just been happy to see you Randy!

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I'm sure somebody will say I'm wrong but its my theory that there was two major spawns triggered this year because of the crazy weather we had.There was just to long of a slow fishing period.Just 3 weeks ago I was catchin male channel cats out of Greenwood that was skinny and bleeding and scratched up and 2 of the big male blues out of Monticello yesterday where very skinny and had fairly fresh scratches on them.

Normally by mid July the spawn is over and the fish settle in their summer pattern on both Greenwood and Monticello but not this year.There hadnt really seemed to be a normal summer pattern this year for me on either lake.

5. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    :smile2::smile2::smile2: You a nut.

6. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It was not because I had all those hot babes in my boat that chris usally has in his.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Went down to Monticello today and caught a fish that appeared to be spawning. When I lifted him into the boat he excreted spawning juices.

Sure am glad I got to miss that one!!!!:wink:

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Way more info than I needed.....LOL
    Oh, by the way, did ya kiss him before letting him go ???
    :sweet_kiss::feel_good::boss:

9. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    Randy, I had the same thing happen to me last week on Wylie. But, I don't think my fish was as cute as yours! I'm jealous!

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I'm still trying to figure out why I even looked at that pic, lol. I do remember it being warm last year also. My hunting friends were cursing mother nature. I guess they needed that cold for them deer to move around.

11. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Anyone got a napkin? :wink:

BTW, I like "excreted spawning juices." You are such the romantic aren't you? :smile2:

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Are you sure those juices came out of a fish:eek:oooh::smile2:. I don't see a fish in that picture nowhere:smile2:.

13. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Was the fight as good for you as it was for the fish?
    dang...:oops: