Spawn

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by papasage, Oct 1, 2007.

1. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    does fish onley spon in spring?i have cought brem with eggs in the late summer with eggs . we have wild chickens in town . agtualey it ie a bermease foul that the D N R turned loose in the counntry for hunting and they came to town . had one to come up in my yard with little chicks . most alwayes they hatch in the spring . this is a pick of the birds .
    [​IMG]

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Wild chickens! Now my first and only question is. Do they taste like chicken? LOL!

3. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Sage,

I truly believe that there are some catfish still spawning. I recently went fishing and caught one that painted my boat. The fish around here are or have been increasingly tough to catch. This leads me to believe that they are some late spawner's. Look under South Carolina lakes and reservoirs. In there I have a post named Spawning Again???? There you can see a pic of my boat where the fish left his deposit.

4. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    don`t know if they taste good or not . never tried . some say theyare tuff . the small ne might be good . not much bigger than a quail

5. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Different species of fish have different spawning habits. Most bream will spawn every month on a full moon during the summer if conditions are right. I think catfish only spawn once a year but they don't all spawn at the same time. Depending on location and water temp., catfish could spawn from spring until late summer I believe. I think some species of fish even spawn in the fall (but not catfish).