Spawn

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by theonecatfishbob, Jun 30, 2007.

1. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    I think the spawn might be very close to over folks. Caught 12 fish total weight 212 lbs today. Lost 2 and missed 2or 3 . And the first fish I broke the leader when I set the hook. Be sure to check the line and leader each time you reel in.

2. Good job Bob. 212 lbs of cats ain't bad at all. Good info there too concerning the spawn wind-down.

Darn, all I caught was a limit of honey-do's!
    MoFlats

3. elvis64505

elvis64505 New Member

State:
    st joseph
    thats great 212lb wish i could do half that good. going in the morning try my luck

4. wielms6

wielms6 New Member

State:
    warrenton missouri
    you still braggin about that little stringer of fish you caught ? well i guess i would be to nice job buddy probally wont see you untill i get back from alabama so dont catch them all while im gone

5. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    GeeZ Bob we need a little more detail than that after two weeks of no one catching anything.

How about:

1. Weights on a couple of the biggest ones?

2. Depth?

3. Structure fished?

4. Location PM'ed to me (you might not want that to be public).

6. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Well I really didnt want to sound like I was bragging. Big fish was 59.80 lbs according to mr coffees scale. Next 44, 33, 20, two 10s, 8, 7, 5, two 4.5, and 1 about 15 inches. I was anchored in 29 feet and fishing towards 40 ft. I was using cut shad, that was still flopping when I cut it up. I was fishing right across the river from that big cottonwood tree. I am sure you can find it. I cannot be more specific because we have a tourny in that area on the night of the 14th. All nighter puttin in at Columbia Bottoms. Hope this helps everyone.

7. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Hmmm, sumbody's been fishin the dam. LOL!!!! Spawn has been wrapping up here too. We have been boating a quite a few blues lately, mostly a dinkfest though. Good Luck at the tourney Bob, and see you at the Cooks event. Let me win the boat this year. :smile2:

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Now Cuz you can't win the boat this year,I'm plannin on winning it. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:
    See you all there.

9. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    The boat battle is on!!!!!!!!!! I see Mr Jake lurking in the background. He's probably got his sites on that nice new Cooks rig too. :roll_eyes:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Mr Bob Do you give fishin lesson on how to catch fish.Here latly I can't even catch a cold:roll_eyes:Congrads on the great fish you caught.Best of luck on the all nighter tourn.Not that you need any luck.Sounds like you've got it together .

11. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Now I know you two want to make it a "John" boat, but I say give it to Mikie :smile2: Sounds like a lot of fish'n will be happening on the 14th, Bob's all nighter, bait shop in Elsberry for pool 25, and at MTL the bait shop going into the North Fork is having their annual festival. I'll be on the Mississippi in pool 25.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Mike are you talking about UNK's?If so I'll see you there.

13. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Yep... I did a post about it but it was struck by lightning... guess there's more than one way to weather a storm :wink: See ya there my friend, we'll all be having a fish fry after weigh in.

14. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    cuz, I was below the dam a ways. You down by that big cottonwood. I guess I am greedy. I also hope to win the boat this year. And fishin lessons from me would like takin a shower with a raincoat on. You can do it but the results stink. Just had one day. I will remember it for a long long time. and so will everybody I know. Some are already tired of hearing about it.

15. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Ya, I just heard about it and I'm done, LOL!!!

16. theonecatfishbob

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    JW, I will call you about 3 am and remind you of what I caught. Just so you are up to date. He He he:confused2:

17. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    You boys better back off of MY boat now, I plan on winning that.

18. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    HNNNN!!!! A boat is up for Grabs???..... I Might just...... Nevermind, you will find out soon enough, LOL!!!

19. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Come on and bring it JW that's a great streach of water to fish.

20. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    They have a pretty nice rod at Cooks for a big fish prize.