Spawn

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Jun 8, 2018.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    anyone got any idea if the blues are spawning?
    I want to go out this weekend but with the water temperatures and the first part of June I feel like it might be worth waiting a week
    Thanks

Tntom and Mac-b like this.
  2. moriverfish

moriverfish Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Name:
    Missouri river
    I'm sure some are but they all ain't going to go spawn like a switch was flipped. Good luck if you get to go. Have not been out on the Cumberland yet, been to busy crappie fishing. 6-2-2018.jpg

Mac-b, Aceoky and SteveMcK like this.

3. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I went 3 weekend in a row and it was the best fishing I’ve had in a couple years. Catching 5 and 10”s in numbers. And we caught several in the 20”s and 2 close to 40 in one morning
    Close to the same on the other trips
    We literally couldn’t keep baited rods in the water

Aceoky and Mac-b like this.
  4. racer5m5

racer5m5 Well-Known Member

State:
    tn
    Name:
    Chuck
    Well I live at Saltillo tn and before the river jumped last week I was catching some good fish. Haven’t been but headed out tommorrow I’ve always experienced that a big part of spawn was over after Father’s Day. The water warmed up quicker than normal this year so I bet a man can wear them out. Just find the mussels and they will be there this time of year.

5. Tntom

Tntom New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Tom Langston
    I think they are on the beds here in East TN. Been slow the last 2 weeks for me.

6. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I went last week. The water came up 2 ft in a few hours a got really muddy with huge trees floating around. It was nuts watching 40” trees leaves and all floating by.
    We still found some nice fish. Rock fish were grabbing the bait too.
    Usually in high water suddenly changes like that I cannot catch a thing. And it’s always nice when they are biting aggressive too

boswifedeb likes this.