Spawn

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by topfuelkc, Jun 30, 2009.

1. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Have the fish started there spawn yet? Are they still biting and when they do spawn how long will it be before we can go after them again.

2. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah Ken they are spawning. You can still pick up a few here and there, but itll be tough fishing for a few more weeks. The flathead fishing is where its at right now. Theyll probably start spawning around the same time the blues and channels start biting again. This is just my opinion. :big_smile:

3. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Thats a loaded question. Water on the missouri river is 85 degrees. Catfish spawn in the range of 66-85 degrees. Give or take a couple degrees. They should be about over. All the fish I have been seeing are nice and clean and not beat up from the spawn.

4. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    i went out sunday, only got two fish but they were really beat up. they had been on the beds, down here i think its about a week from being over for the most part. i dont start getting good numbers till the middle of july.

5. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    from what i hear. they will be back bitin heavy the last 2 weeks of july. like i said , thats what i was told

6. topfuelkc

topfuelkc New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks guys i was wanting to try the weldon springs access in st.charles. Im hoping for some luck

7. ultramindbrk

ultramindbrk New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Where is the Weldon Springs access at topfuel ? I have heard of it,but never been there?

8. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    Weldon Springs access and boat ramp is down Hwy.94 between 40 and Defiance. There are signs that point the way.

9. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Can't say about the Missouri River, but I just got back from the Mississippi. Caught 8 keeper channels, 4 male and 4 female. 2 of the males were beat up pretty bad other two not. Two of the females still had eggs. Hope that helps

10. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    them cats sure fight over them girls

11. TheMadCatter

TheMadCatter New Member

State:
    missouri
    i think the reason they are beat up is from the lack of eating while they protect the nest. no food is no fuel for healing and other internal processes. that is why the bite is so aggresive after the spawn, because fish are hungry and fight for every bit of it they can get in order to get back up to wieght and recover from any damages sustained during the nest period. last year i caught a few fish that were so beat up and starved after spawning they were practicly dead by the time i got them up.