Spawn not over yet

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by flathunter, Aug 15, 2009.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a friend who called me tonight...Said he caught a 28-lb flathead, and when he picked it up it was pouring eggs out.

I had a feeling the spawn was still on in some places here in Ohio, because the fish have been very hard to come by.

I think the spawn was delayed this year, weather perhaps? we had a very cool July...Water levels? I know the Scioto was up and down a lot untill here recently.

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I hope it ends soon, so yall can get back on some fish.

3. cicnolo

cicnolo New Member

State:
    ne. CENTRA
    nebraska is in the same shape . spring started out decent then about june everything quit and has not started back up.

4. rcbbracing

rcbbracing New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Im not sure about river spawn but am pretty sure a lot of the lakes messed with spawn too. Pretty sure salt fork is just now coming out of spawn from what i have experienced and especially what i hear.

5. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    the spawn is definitely still ""ON"" on the Tuscarawas River for flatties..........and the channel cats just came off of spawn and are hitting great !!

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Well at least I can still have something to blame:smile2:

7. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well all the biologists say it lasts two weeks now we are claiming 6-8?

8. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Not too sure if it's still going on here or not.
    Seen plenty of flatheads pulled out in the 15 - 30 lb range and they were all in really good shape.

But I've been skunked 3 nights in a row now! :sad2:
    Haven't had this streak all year. But I think the water being low and it being so hot is playing a major role in that - I haven't even gotten into the channels. Starting to get frustrating. No decent rain until Thursday ..