Spawn is on, but where are they still biting?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by fishnfool68, Jun 10, 2006.

1. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I've had some luck catching channels out of feeder creeks,but was wondering if anyones having luck under the dams,or anywhere for that matter.

2. catfishinfordman

catfishinfordman New Member

State:
    Broken Arrow, O
    Man I really couldnt tell u anything about fishing right now. I havent been in a couple of weeks due to some family problems. But here in the next week or so I plan on picking it back up so. If u find out any good info let me know for sure

3. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I just read the prev. thread.Looks like Chris had a great trip fishing the north end of Oologah.

4. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    The dam around here doesn't usually produce until before and after the actual spawn. I'd fish brushpiles in or around the feeder creeks. If there just happens to be an old fox hole or something like that submerged underwater, that'll also hold 'em. Pretty much anywhere they can easily have a nest where no sunlight can hit 'em. I'd use FRESH cutbait, because that'll catch all the species of cats. But a smaller livebait would also work, just make sure it doesn't go hide itself under some logs or somethin'. Good luck to ya.

-Red

5. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nothing really massive or regular yet, though I managed a 10# blue under the Truman Dam Saturday morning at 2:30.

6. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    I'm taking a buddie out fishing tomarrow night,he doesn't like to fish.I'm shocked he said he would go,so I hope he can catch a few.We've been friends for years and this will be the second time we've gone. The first time he tagged along and just wanted to watch:roll_eyes: .I know if he hooked one ,he'd be hooked like the rest of us.I'll let you know how it goes,I think we'll fish Claremore lake.

7. fishnfool68

fishnfool68 New Member

State:
    Near Tulsa Oklahoma
    Had a great time fishing untill the rain moved in about 4am.Caught one channel about 3lbs.,and a little flatty on a minnow.Caught a few crappie.We didn't catch much but had a good time,thats why they call it fishing not catching:big_smile: All in all better than work!