Spavinaw Park

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Hope, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ken, Anybody... Do you s'pose the area there by the park at Spavinaw is flooded over and rushing too fast after all that rain?
    I know it's not usually a great spot for cats, but ya never know!

2. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I haven't been down that way since last summer.
    They were working on the dam then and the water level was real low.
    I don't know if they are done with the dam and filling the lake back up or not?
    We did see a bunch of fish below the dam, but I think they were mostly carp?

Ken

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks, Ken. Yeah, we haven't been there since last summer either... nice place for the kids to play in the water while we fish. Always a chance of hooking into one of those big carp or a gar, just for fun. :cool2:

Over the weekend, I'd emailed the park to check on the conditions and got a reply back yesterday... the lady said that they had 11 small gates open and the water was really rushing through. Maybe it'll simmer down some soon and we can give it a go. Just don't wanna burn any gas unless we know it's a worthwhile trip, yanno?

Have a great week!

4. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma

5. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You're right... they didn't! :roll_eyes: Not that we've ever seen it flowing over much... been so much drought over the past couple years. Haven't been back since they were workin on it last summer.
    I'll drop another email and ask!

Carolyn

P.S. By the way, here's a statewide fishin report from June 7th http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=070607_2_x_OKLAH60111

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well, I got an answer back...

"I’m sorry I thought you were talking about South Grand Lake not Spavinaw. The creek that runs through Spavinaw State Park is normal."

lol... o well, ask a dumb question... :confused2:
    We just kinda pictured it rollin and floodin, like we saw at the Miami park a couple weeks ago
    Eek... hope the kids don't find out we didn't go fer nuthin :embarassed: