Sparrowfoot on Truman Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by fishingbuddy4, May 21, 2007.

1. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Thought i was going to the river june 2nd ,but the way the river looks it wont be a good fishing area by then, So june 2nd i am planning to put in at sparrowfoot on truman lake with my nephew inlaw for big flathead ,anyone that can make it come on out ,will be putting in at 2 pm and fishing alnight ,so come and join us ,sparrowfoot is 6 miles south of clinton missouri on 13 hwy going to be a great time,

2. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I have never fish that area of the lake but keep in touch I would enjoy meeting up with ya and try it out.

3. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    sounds great lyle ,Also i think i like the way my drifting rods are except for the eyes ,What do you charge for putting new eyes on them.

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Well troy said he thought he would make it great ,my nephew is already getting bluegill for the trip

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    If they get the lake lowered by then we could dock up river where we fished with Jim. Other wise we wont be able to get under the railroad bridge. Should be good flat country up in there.

6. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    I'll look at them and see what we need to do, are you wanting stainless and new wraps?

7. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    My holes arnt that far up ,i will be putting in at sparrowfoot ramp troy,lyle wrap and stainless

8. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    No problem. Where is Sparowfoot?

9. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    About 6 miles south of clinton on 13 hwy,so far we have me and my nephew ,troy said he would be there,i am going to call brandon aka stobil,and see who else can make it .I hope we can get some more boats to come ,

10. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds good to me because I probly won't go this weekend due to the crazys out there, but you never no I might give it a try if someone says the fish are biting.

11. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Great lyle we will be there around 2 pm,

12. whisker_chaser

whisker_chaser New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I plan on heading down next week after the crowd gets out of there. In hope that I wont have anything stolen or messed with. Of course most of the people that I am worried about probably dont work anyway. Good luck and keep us posted.

13. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Robert I think Jim will be with me. What time are we meeting 2 pm on Saturday? at the sparrowfoot ramp?
    I will try to bring some perch. Any one else plan on going????

14. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Yea troy ,we will be at the sparrowfoot ramp at 2 pm saturday,the flathead should be biting ,we will see what happens

15. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I wish I could come down and go with you guys. Catch one for me. Rusty.....

16. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Anyone else is interested in fishing for flathead ,bring your boat down and join us,we will be there around 2 pm ,Should be good fishing alot of timber and maybe alittle drifting during the day,

17. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Looks like we are going to have some great weather for saturday night,Iff the water temp rises just alittle more they should be in spawn mode ,and the only water i will fish will be 2 to 4 ft deep,cant wait

18. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Jim and I will be there Robert. Sounds like we have a chance for pop up showers thru sat. and then dryer so it should be good weather. Will throw in my rain coat just in case. Got a new reel I need to try out on a Monster Flat....
    Jim do you think Robert will notice if were tied off to the back of his boat around his favorite holes.....:tounge_out:

19. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Not a problem troy,i have 3 places close together ,where i have pulled big flat out so if you fish one of them you will be in eye sight of me ,Oh by the way i have to work saturday morning ,so it might be 3 or 330 before i am there ,but we will be there for sure,see ya saturday

20. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Troy I wont tell Robert , he might get supect, something, if we start using his bait. naw he probley would give us some bait and tell us where to fish.
    Jim