spark plugs

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by catfish kenny, Nov 25, 2007.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Mr.Bubbakat I was reading Danial -Deloras thread and Mrs Anchor Puller got me to thinking ......I run a 1982 seahorse,I bought it 3 years ago and It was completly rebuilt,I got tired of plugs fouling out so I changed plugs,this year I have only used 1 set compared to 3-4 sets. Champion vs. NKG does it matter what is you recomdation ? I am gonna carry a wrench and new set of plugs and run the same ones again....just to see but it just seems odd to me there is a diff....or it matters .

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    You don't mention what size seahorse you have but if its at least a 25 I would use QL77JC4 champion plugs in it and for the fouling I would gap them at 35 or 40 to slow that process down. A good decarb will stop the fouling from being so frequent though.
    As for running NGK plugs, some where in my great filing system ( you know put it in a sack until needed and then dig it out) I have a service bulletin from omc that cautioned against using them in OMC motors. Something about the ing system wouldn't let the plugs fire at an even rate because of the way the plug was designed.

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    It is a 15 horse and thank you

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Since that is an 82 model you can still use the QL77JC4 plug on it. I went and checked the book and it recommended the QL plug or the LV plug which is a surface gap plug that I have no use for what so ever.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Thank you very much!