spare tire

Discussion in '4X4 Truck Talk and Repairs' started by cumberlandcat, Dec 17, 2007.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Anybody have a 38 inch tire that I can buy for a spare?

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    ok, you just want any randome 38 inch tire or do you have a certain size rim you want it to go on? lol. seriously though there are alot of used tire shops out here that seel that size and if you will send me the specs i will take a look for you.

3. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I need it on a 16x12 wheel 38inch tire don't care much about the way it looks just for getting to the shop if I get a flat. It needs to fit a 8 lug GMC 2003, like I said I don't care if it is bald with a rusty rim just trying to avoid spending 800 bucks on a spare.

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    have you checked you local junkyard or salvage dealers? they will get totalled out trucks and part them out for pretty cheap.

5. cumberlandcat

State:
    Tennessee
    I haven't but i will check, its not a normal thing to have on hand and we don't have many junkyards around here like where I used to live

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    I thought this was a post about LOOSING the spare tire that sits around your waist!! :crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

J/K!!!

I wish I could help ya out bro, Sgt Fishslayer had a great idea, I'd check the local scrap yards, just tell them what you want it for, such as a 2003 GMC half ton truck. They will have what you need most likely.

Good luck!

7. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Go to the Tire Rack web site. They will sell you any brand, any size tire cheaper than anyone in the country. tirerack.com

My Ford has BF Goodrich Mud Terrians on it. Tire Rack got me 150 apiece. Everyone else was 200 plus per tire.