Space Snake

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by topjimmy, Jul 6, 2008.

1. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    This is a snake I took a picture of when I was space tripping across the galaxy.

Actually, it swam up to the boat at dusk when we were fishing Saturday night (at Bartlett). But it's pretty wild how the pictures came out with the water and the flash.

I was checking my poles and was shocked to see this guy crossing my line.

He looked at me funny, like he expected me to scoop him out or something.

Then he swam away, never to be seen again.

Attached Files:

2. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    That's wild right there, I rince my hands off all the time without looking in the water :crazy: Sooo how was the fishing?

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    If I knew that snake was near my boat and I could not keep up with him, I would be heading home. That looked like a rattler to me.

4. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Cool pics! You don't expect to see a rattlesnake when you are out fishing.

5. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Yup, its a rattler. Reps to you for not smashing it with a paddle. Some folks would kill a butterfly.

6. aburk

aburk New Member

State:
    Tucson, AZ
    I heard rattlesnake is really tastey

7. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Not to bad. I wouldnt kill one just to eat it tho.

8. Lenny The Lamb

Lenny The Lamb New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Well, there's a new one. I have never heard of or seen a rattler in the water. Very cool pics!! Scary, but cool!! I won't be showing this one to my son.

9. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Snake in the grass, snake in the lake. :eek:oooh:

10. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    was tubing in sd river in so ca a few yrs ago and had one that tried to take a break in the tube with me. that was fun. had nothing but my pole to keep beating it off me. after about what seemed like 5 minutes at least, it gave up and we both went opposite directions. i was done fishing for the day also.
    by the way, rattlesnakes tastes like greasy chicken when fried up. learned that in survival school.
    gary

11. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Cool pictures,
    * I bet a lot of snakes were displaced after that lake filled up soo fast a few months back...

How was the fishing?

12. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Just one more reason why I dont like to fish from tubes...especially at night:crazy:!

13. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    More than once I've encountered a rattle snake out for a swim. I had them swim up to me while I was fishing and where it's really a surprise is when you're out for a dip yourself and one comes up.
    One time while going through the log jam upriver from Millerton Lake near Fresno, had one try and climb in the boat with me.
    Seems to me if you haven't encountered rattle snake on the water either you ain't spent much time there or you're just not paying attention.
    They aren't a bit shy around water.

14. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    i love rattle snake its mm good:wink::cool2:

15. MichaelP

MichaelP New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Cool snake, looks like a mojave rattler. Pretty much the most poisonous angry snake in az to come across.

16. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    Man I've been told the only good snack is a dead snake, dude from camp last year was wading over in the back water a night and felt something inside his swimming trunks thinking some kinda fish he gave it a swat:smile2: and guess what not a fish a baby rattler and yep guess were it got him, right on peter:crazy: never found out the outcome of it but i could only guess it wasn't fun:eek:oooh:

17. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    That right there will keep some folks out of the water.. lol.

18. topjimmy

topjimmy New Member

State:
    AZ
    If I don't mention the fishing, it's because the fishing sucked. :angry:

I have not been having a very good year. So far my biggest cat was a 6 pound flat.

I have been catching carp that big (and bigger) with regularity, but can't seem to hook up with the big cats.

I blame high energy prices. :wink:

19. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Jim,
    Have you been fishing the main lake areas, were have you been going? I am going to Bartlet this weekend, I need to know what areas I should avoid..

Thanks dude...

20. Apache Flats

Apache Flats New Member

State:
    Tucson, Az
    James, at least you caught a flathead this year unlike me i'm still waiting for my first flattie. :angry:
    I did however catch a good size channel out of Bartlett a few weeks ago. That fish at least gave me some hope being that Bartlett is a new lake to me.