Space shuttle

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by smokey, May 14, 2009.

1. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    If you had a chance would you take a ride in the Space shuttle?As for me there aint no way you could get me near that thing.The thought of being in such cramped space gives me the creeps, and on top of it they strap you in!Two things that I dont want anything to do with is, confind space and bondage.Smokey has to have wide open spaces thannkx. what are your thoughts on space travel?
    smokey

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would go, and be a test subject if needed :)

3. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I'd go in a heartbeat. Zero G would be great. Not sure if I could keep the cookies down tho. And talk about a view, I can just imagine it's like no other. I have always wanted to see a launch. Went to Houston space center, took the kids, and saw one of the Apollo rockets up close. Last but not least, you get to play with all kinds of gadgits.LOL

4. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I'd go in a second!! I'd test the effects of zero gravity on Copenhagen just do do my part!

5. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Well, the truth is.....I don't know. :confused2:

I doubt I'll ever be offered a trip on a space shuttle, so I never really thought about it before!

Sounds pretty scary to me, BUT I believe I could overcome that. SPACE, the final frontier! :wink::cool2:

6. unclebuncle

unclebuncle New Member

State:
    Humboldt,K
    I would go even if they told me it was a one way trip.

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Nope. This country boy will stay home. Been in several type of aircraft and that was enough. Leave it to the younger people.
    The new frontier to me is a new lake to fish in:smile2:

8. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    You bet I would without hesitation!

that would be an event that would be hard to top! And....what a way to go if it something did happen to me! Seriously!!!

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Ditto,
    Without hesitation...W

10. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Ain't no way!!!! I like it here on the ground and besides....I haven't lost anything up there.....LOL:smile2:

Plus....I still remember that one that blew up shortly after take off......nope not me!:crazy:

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Id like to go...only catch would be having to stay up there for as long as they do...Im pretty sure that I would get bored really fast up there and looking back at earth, i would miss my wife and kids and all the fishing i could be doing! Yeah...they would get tired of me and my complaining really quick:smile2:!

12. centexcop

centexcop Well-Known Member

State:
    Texas
    I'd like to do it, but I'm afraid they would have to send a back up to come and get me. It wouldn't be because I would be ready to go, but rather they'd probably kick me off....:eek:oooh:

I like to mess with things... I'd be turning knobs and messing with gadgets just to see what they do. I'd be asking way too many questions and probably getting on some nerves.

Do you think they'd let me take some beer? And I could just see the mess that my spit bottle would cause.

Then there's the issue of peeing outside. Now I know that you can't just open the window and go in space, but wouldn't that be great if you could... :eek:oooh: Imagine coming home and telling all your buddies that you had a few too many beers and got in trouble for trying to get a window open....

Oh it would be an adventure. It would definitely be something to share with the grandkids and my other redneck fishing buddies.

My wife says that it wouldn't be a great idea for me to go.... Shes afraid that my farts might kill the crew and then i'd be stuck up there. That brings up an interesting question; In a zero gravity situation, what does the gas do? Does it just float around? Does it make you sort of lift off? I could see it lingering around longer.....:eek:oooh:

13. smitty1963

smitty1963 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I would go on the shuttle as long as they perfect warp speed an transporters:wink:

14. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    I like to mess with things... I'd be turning knobs and messing with gadgets just to see what they do. I'd be asking way too many questions and probably getting on some nerves.

Then there's the issue of peeing outside. Now I know that you can't just open the window and go in space, but wouldn't that be great if you could... Imagine coming home and telling all your buddies that you had a few too many beers and got in trouble for trying to get a window open....

Once ya found the pee Vacuum switch in the bathroom Joey, you probably would stay there the entire flight..LMAO

15. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Sure I would. It would be just like riding in my old Delta 88 Royale. Add a quart of oil, and fix a couple of vacuum lines, and she's good as new.

16. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Not me, Ill keep my feet on the ground.

17. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

And keep reaching for the stars? Seems like I heard that phrase somewhere or another :confused2::wink:.

18. Cattn-Jeep

Cattn-Jeep New Member

State:
    NC
    I'd go...but I'd be scared. Not because of space, because I know too many aircraft mechanics...and am one too. I'd be scared of that one new guy that just doesn't quite get stuff together right...:eek:oooh:

19. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    I just wanna go real fast. A rocket ride to space would be the ultimate.

20. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not me,I would feel way too guilty for wasting that amount of money Seriously:big_smile: