southwest virginia fishermen

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by kathunter_64, Jul 28, 2009.

1. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    im looking for someone in my area to possibly fish with in august. i really wanna get somebody who can teach me a few things and correct me if im doing somethin wrong. im not gonna say no though if somebody else just wants to get out there and give it a shot with me though haha. i'd like to get out with somebody who can show me a few things on flannagan mostly

thanks guys!

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I PM'd you last November when I was down in Clintwood visiting my grandparents, I went to the freezing Flannigan for nothing. Cool place lots of trout fishing going on. Lots of people fishing for trout. O well good luck, Clintwood is small but I'm sure you can find some people to fish with. When I was there the Pound river was bone dry. I hope it has some water in it now.
    later
    david

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    i fish claytor lake alot and the new river some. your welcome to come along anytime. i mostly flathead fish at night and sometimes striper fish. pm me
    chip

4. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i remember gettin that pm but i got it in like january or somethin because i hadnt got on in a while. but yeah comin here in the winter to fish for cats is just askin for failure haha. the water gets so low in the rivers here. you'll have to come back down sometime in the spring/summer

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Good luck Josh an hope you catch some good fish!

6. kathunter_64

kathunter_64 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    i've caught a lot of nice channels out of flannagan. many over 10 and one 15. the trouble is flatheads. i had one good one on about a month ago put it threw the hook, thats when i learned to use the sharpest hooks i can find. it hit on a 7in warmouth so i know it had to be a good fish, the way it felt it had to be atleast a 30. i just hope i didnt ruin my luck with that fish :confused2:

but thanks alot man, im gonna keep fishin it & eventually the fish gods will reward me haha

7. jargo1

jargo1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am in SW Va and only been to Flannagan one time several years ago. I need to make it back over that way to catch some cats.

8. clatorlakecat

clatorlakecat New Member

State:
    va
    lets do it chip ilive in the chirstiansburg area next to shelors car lot!