Southside catfish?

Discussion in 'INDIANA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Punisher, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Punisher

Punisher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Can anyone recommend a lake/river somewhere near Greenwood/Southport that they've had luck fishing for cats at? I just moved down here in December and have tried, but had no luck for cats down here.:sad2:

2. tackleholic

tackleholic New Member

State:
    New Albany
    I've heard of people fishing the White River & having good luck, but I don't know what part. I looked on the road atlas around Indy & found the following....Lemon & Monroe, near Bloomington....Morse, North of Noblesville....Geist, near Fishers....Brooksville, South of Richmond....
    Cagles Mill, near Cloverdale. I hope that this is useful to you.

3. Hearthstone52

Hearthstone52 New Member

State:
    Moores Hill, IN.
    Moores Lake by Baitsville is good .Brookville Lake by Brookville > you can catch some nice eating channels down by the bottom of the spill way there. Lake Monroe by Bloomington is great pulled some 30 and 40 pound flats out of there . Might need a boat there though stay in the deeper water up past the causway. I caught them on both sides though
    Jack...

4. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the board dude.. You are pretty close to me.. The closest to you is the White River and there are countless places to fish from the bank... as for a good lake for big cats you have to drive a bit but some are worth it... Monroe, Cagel Mills, Eagle Creek. and this one little spot i got.. I showed Dr.Pepper and he seemed to like it but the fish were real weird that night.. but the closest is the White

5. Punisher

Punisher New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Thanks for the reply, guys! I'm normally a bass guy, but catfishing really interests me. Does anyone have a list to a good site that would dumb down techniques, rigs, bait, ect. for a first-timer? I'd love to try them out on the places mentioned above. :smile2:

6. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    any of those places I stated would be good with your basic carolina rig and live or cutbait

7. bgmik1313

bgmik1313 New Member

State:
    indiana
    Welcome aboard! Check out the How to section on the home page. There are all kinds of useful hints and tips in there.