Southern Iowa Catfish

Discussion in 'IOWA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catsrking, Mar 12, 2006.

1. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Myself and a friend caught 5 nice channels on 3/11/06. We were fishing a lake in southern Iowa from a dock. Sizes ranged from 4 lbs to 8 lbs, had a good bite going from about 12 noon to 3 pm. First fishing trip for 2006 and was a great day for it. Good start!

2. davesoutfishing

davesoutfishing New Member

State:
    Menominee Michigan
    Hi cat nice catch we was gonna go but the guy I was gonna go with chickened out cause of storms coming in today Im from Burlington welcome aboard

3. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    catsrking, How far south were you? I'm in SW Iowa. Just curious. I am going to start next weekend.

4. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    We were fishing approx 20 miles North of IA/MO state line, a few miles West of I35. Good luck to you when you get out there.

5. iowacatter

iowacatter New Member

State:
    Iowa
    ok, I was just curious, I am just north of I80 and the water temp sat aft. was 44-46. Dont know if they wil be biting this weekend but I'm hoping, Thanks.

6. dannybcc

dannybcc New Member

State:
    Sioux City, Iowa
    Hey Cat
    Sounds like you had a great day. Northwest Iowa here. We went Saturday before the storm hit and fished of our docks for our season opener. Only caught 2 skip jack but still enjoyed the afternoon. Atleast great to get the lines wet.

Tight Lines
    Danny J

7. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Weather is warming pretty good. Any Iowegians been catchin' any lately??

8. Hazmat

Hazmat New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Naw, and with the rivers as high as they are here in the S.E. corner, may not be too good for a bit. Might try the cricks around here, if I get done Turkey huntin' early...