Southern illinois fishing

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfishplaya, Mar 5, 2006.

1. catfishplaya

catfishplaya New Member

State:
    Illinois (southern Illinois)
    Is there anyone on here that fish in southern illinois lakes? rivers? or even public ponds? Iam looking for info on fishing here , kinda like a fish report, i went out friday to crab orchard lake in carterville had a coupkle of small bites and caught one little channel , but other than that it seems to be to cold still, but i cant wait to get out so i went anyways.. :)

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Catfish. Rend lake is a very good catfish lake. Lots of channels and flaties.

On rend if you have a boat jug fishing and drifting can be very good. If you dont have a boat fish the rip rap on the road that crosses the lake at its mid way point. especialy during the late may early june time. Which is the spawn. Other than that I am not to familiar with southern ILL lakes. I live in central IL just south of springfield.

3. astutzman

astutzman New Member

State:
    Collinsville, IL
    playa, there's a guy on here who lives in southern illinois, just south of Carbondale. i think he was looking for a fishing partner a little while back. his screen name is matthew72 on here. if he doesn't reply to this thread, you might send him a PM.

4. catfishplaya

catfishplaya New Member

State:
    Illinois (southern Illinois)
    thanks for the info...:)