Southern Hospitality

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by safetybass, Aug 7, 2006.

1. safetybass

safetybass New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a friend who just returned from a three week trip through Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama, where she was doing field research for her doctoral thesis (thats a publication which is part of her doctoral work for her PhD, Piled Higher and Deeper). We talked on the telephone several times during her trip, and a couple nights ago when she returned. She can't stop talking about all the great hospitality people showed her throughout her trip. She was truly amazed by how nice and how concerned people were about her. From guiding her around the gators to opening stores after hours so she could buy supplies, people just went way out of their way to help her and be kind. People even took her into their homes and fed her and gave her a place to stay. For all you southern catters, and some who don't even fish, I wanted to pass on how impressed this little lady was. I also want to add my thanks for the society there that looked after my friend. God bless you all.

2. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    I have found out there are nice folk every where theres the other kind to:lol:

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

arlington you said brother

4. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I'm old school. Nuff said

5. cuttingout69

cuttingout69 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Any time brother, any time. I am from a place where old school is the norm, not the exception. If you are ever down this way, come join us on the red river and we will sit a spell and fish. I have made 31 states in my travels, and I will say, in the south, it is different. Biggest thing is we drink ICE TEA. Real sweet ICE TEA.

6. Here in California I am mortified of how many residents just stopped caring. As a midwesterner I am bound by that old school ways of doing things right and doing it all with others in mind. Its rare to see small nice gestures within the majority population here like opening a door for someone or keeping it open for the next person. Its so simple I think a chimp has more manners than most people here do.

In addition tiothis I went hiking last night up in the mountains near a place called Mt. Baldy. Being there gave me a sense of being home I havent felt since I left rural Nebraska. I hiked for almost 2 hours and just about every car that passed by they either honked or waved as they drove by. Also anyone I walked past said hi or hello or wondered how far I was going. Something about being in the mountains with very few people really brings out the kindness in strangers. Now I want to move up there, but as it is in California.. the farther away from civilization you are it seems it gets more expensive.

7. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    I Love Our Southern Hospitality Around Here It's A Way Of Life.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Aint read all post, just title.
    I help somebody when I can, I get right with the man , both law and God, and I loosen my belt at the table with a PMY for great home cooking meals.
    I like spicy.

9. bigmike

bigmike New Member

State:
    Kankakee,Illinois
    I have lived in both the North and South and I tell you there is nothing like southern folk there are the best people out there and the genuinely care. Tell ya what hope to go back and live in the South again