Southerland reservoir?

Discussion in 'NEBRASKA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by gr8wtnorth, Jul 12, 2008.

1. gr8wtnorth

gr8wtnorth New Member

State:
    colorado/alaska
    Anyone ever fish Southerland resevoir? I am making a trip there in a week or so and would like a report. I'm going with some folks who fish it often but they haven't been there in a month or so. Just curious if the fishing is as good as it was in June.
    Ace

2. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I personaly have not been there for a very long time. Havent heard how the fishing is either. So realy I dont know why the hell I'm even replying to your post I'm obviously no help at all :smile2::smile2::smile2: But if I do hear somthing I will let you know. :smile2: Hope this helps !!:big_smile:

3. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    ok I maybe can help this time
    Just went and looked at the Nebraska game and parks site and this was what they had to say about Sutherland
    decent fishing at the inlet for a variety of fish including whitebass, and wipers on dollflies and flashy lures. Eating size channels on night crawlers and prepared baits,and shrimp at west end of the lake.
    Southerland supply canal - - Fishing at night good success on flatheads using large live baits such as bluegills one 30 pounder was taken recently
    Hope this helps :smile2::smile2:

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Hey big Vic did you get out over the weekend and slap some cats?

My son and me went out on Sat&Sun and did pretty good using the old secret-7.

Buddy of mine came up on Sun in his boat and the 1st bite he got the cat tried to pull his rod in the lake.And when he got hold of it as it was going over the front of the boat he set the hook and his pole broke:smile2::smile2::smile2:

5 min after I got my two rods in on Sunday the pole on my right bent over into the water with no warning I grab it and set the hook about then my other pole went clear to the water i grab it and handed it to J-dog (Son) and mine was a 5.5lb and the one I handed him was a 7.5lb.What a way to satrt the day.

5. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Wow !! Tom I got out over the weekend but the only thing that got slapped was me !!:angry::angry: We got some more rain and the river came up so we tryed a small feeder creek that dumps into the river about a quarter mile down river got two small channels was there about two hours. Then went to a farm pond with no luck at all. Got up early Sun. mor. took the jon boat out to a small state lake close to home drifted across 4 - 5 times not even a bite !! I ordered some secret 7 should be here soon got some bait holders coming to they looked great. I'm going to have to start calling you the catfish king !!:smile2::smile2: I'm hoping that the spawn is about over and maybe things will pick up for us. Thanks for the post Tom always good to hear from you. :big_smile::big_smile: And keep chasin those cats !! YOU ARE MY NEW HERO !!:smile2::smile2::smile2::worship::worship:

6. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    I think when you get that bucket of 7 you will start catching fish.

7. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    One thing for sure Tom it can't hurt anything !!:smile2: