SOUTHEASTERN WV HELP PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL WEST VIRGINIA TALK' started by JCOMBS919, Sep 30, 2009.

1. JCOMBS919

JCOMBS919 New Member

State:
    COUNTRY CITY, NC
    HELLO FELLOW MOUNTAINEERS I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN WV. FISHED AND HUNTED WV ALL MY LIFE UNTIL I TURNED 21 AND MOVED TO NC. I'VE ALWAYS LOVED FISHING BUT NEVER WAS REALLY INTO CATFISHING UNTIL I MOVED TO NC. I OR NO ONE THAT I KNOW IN WV DOES CATFISHING LIKE THEY DO DOWN HERE IN NC.
    MY FAMILY STILL LIVES IN WV AND I PLAN TO COME TO THE GREAT STATE FOR VACTION SOON AND PLAN ON DOING SOME FISHING WHILE IM THERE.

MY FAMILY LIVES IN ALDERSON, WV SO THIS WHERE I WILL BE STAYING ON MY TRIP

SO TO GET TO THE POINT

WHERE CAN I GO THATS NOT TO FAR TO CATCH SOME BIG CATS?????

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE INFO

2. corklabus

corklabus New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Best place I can think of would be the Greenbrier River, but I can't be specific because I rarely get down that way.

3. JCOMBS919

JCOMBS919 New Member

State:
    COUNTRY CITY, NC

I COULD THROW A ROCK IN THE GREENBRIER FROM MY HOUSE BUT IVE NEVER SEEN ANY CATS WORTH ANYTHING CAUGHT IN THE RIVER. I KNOW THERE ARE SOME HUGE CARP IN THERE BUT THATS ABOUT IT

4. Jerry60k

Jerry60k New Member

State:
    Chelyan, West V
    Throw you a big creek chub or sucker on a hook and you might be surprised.Might even hook into a infamous Greenbriar bronzeback about 5-6 lbs.

5. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i have to agree with Jerry, i never catfished the greenbrier, although i have fished it quite a bit when i was in school. Just because you dont see them, doesnt mean they aren't there. find you a deep hole with a log jam and you may even surprise yourself.