Southeastern Indiana

Discussion in 'LOCAL INDIANA TALK' started by bsu_catfisher, Mar 14, 2006.

1. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Hey yall....I am new member to the site and was just checking to see if there were any people from my area on here. I "live" in Rising Sun but I am college so I hardly there and don't really get to fish much until summer break. Hope to hear some good news on big cats being caught from the area!!!

2. snifflucky

snifflucky New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the Brotherhood!! I'm sure you'll love it here.

If you can, check the member map. It will show you who is close to your area. And go ahead and put in your location.

I have a friend that just moved back to Rising Sun. He got a job at a Casket Making Place. He said it's one of the biggest casket plants in the U.S. I believe it is in Aurora.

3. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Yah i know exactly where you are taking about....it is a large company and i have several friends that work up there. I am sure I am going to like it here, everyone seems pertty cool.

4. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Welcome Eean. My brother and I fish tournaments out of the Rising Sun ramp through the summer months. You should come down and join in all the fun. Sometimes we launch out of the Arnold's creek ramp. We actually live South of Madison in Ky. I have had a lot of good luck lately on the Ohio fishing for blues. T^hose tournaments should be starting the first Saturday in April, as long as the river and the weather is willing. Vern

5. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Oh plan on me being there. I fished them a few times the summer before last but did not get the chance last summer. This year I will be at most of them though. I think I have heard about you and your brother, many of the guys have talked about the "Kentucky boys," and I am guessing that is you guys. I am really hoping for a good season, and we will have to meet up there and talk a bit. It would be nice to meet a fellow member of the BOC.

6. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Yea, that is us. They tend to not like us up there at times, like when we have big fish and most weight. LOL I hope to meet you and get to do some more fishing up there this summer. Vern

7. G3Morton

G3Morton New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome bsu catfisher,

I used to work at the Aurora Casket Co.. And about 12-15 years back I used to stomp around in Rising Sun some to. Damn near ended up in jail in Rising Sun one night, but that's a long story. If you live in Rising Sun, you may know of a man by the name of Jeff Chase. If you don't know him, you may want to look him up. Jeff and I worked together at the "last stop shop" in the metal dept.. We spent a few nights after work out on the river chasing Mr. Whiskers, and Jeff has been known to pull in a few nice ones. And if you do know him, please tell him I said hi.

Shoot me a e-mail sometime and if I get up that way maybe we can hook up.

Bob Morton Deputy, Indiana
    greenhead75@hotmail.com

8. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    I look forward to seeing you there Vern. I am going to try and give you and your brother a run for the money though. I have heard you guys are really good.

Bob I think I know who you are talking about. Do you know if his father was Jim Chase?

9. skippie2use

skippie2use New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I am heading to bryants creek this weekend if any one wants to go. Hey BSU do you know Kory Bucklew, he is a 5th year senior on the baseball team at ball state.

10. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Skippy, I don't know him...sorry. If I was going to be in town I would head to Bryants creek with you but I won't be back down there until the 1st...good luck though.

11. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    this is verns brother pipeing in WELCOME TO THE BOC , theres a big reason why we beat those indiana boys fishin and youll see too .its cause that cant fish lol seriously tho they try ,there were a few who brought in fish every time .we got to the point that we werent aloud to bring more than six in at a time but we always used rope stringers. seen on more than one occassion 30 fish hard to seperate on the river ,but this year we will be using a cattle trough for a live well and sporten a bigger boat paid for by our winnings from last year . cant wait for the really big boat lol .hope to see you there. good luck ps the cat in my profile won us $300. it only weighed 40 pound

12. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Hopefully this will be a good year for us. I personally haven't fished the tournement but a couple of times, but my buddies do it most evey tourney. I got the chance to win once, and they did a couple times. Maybe we can get a couple wins this year. We need to make a standing for the BOC. It would be awesome if you you and your brother, and my team both placed. Let me be the first to wish you two good luck and happy fishing, most importantly lets just all go have some fun. I am really starting to get the fever......a little more then two weeks and we will all be out for the first one of the season. See you guys there.

Eean

13. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    sure thing Eean we'll be there ,hopefully in new used boat 16' alumacraft comercial river jon hope the fishins better this year. been catch and release tourny all the way means them fish gotta be growing and theres plenty there,and to think every tourny we never went more than 2 miles in either dirrection from arnolds creek this year we'll be able to hit a larger area might find bigger fish and better holes in those waters . good luck i know you'll see us there ,dont be shy (we give autographs on request ) lol juss joking its all fun till someone catches the big one lol ....good luck and bring yer freinds we do

14. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Well I am sad to say that I might not be doing the tourney on the first. Both of the guys I fish with probably aren't going therefore i have no boats to go out on. Good luck anways guys.

15. indiana_fishin

indiana_fishin New Member

State:
    Indiana Baby
    Bsu,wuts up brother?We shud definately fish it up this Summer,i live right n Aurora:)

16. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    IN_fishin

Yea that sounds like a plan to me. I am normally fishing most of the time during the summer.

17. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    Hey everyone...I would like to announce that ka_C4_boom, and vlparrish (aka. charles and vern) won a tournament Sat. on the Ohio River. Congrats guys, and before you two can say it...i know you beat me LOL

18. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Eean, I must say that it was a pleasure beating you guys. lol But no one can take anything away from your team you did place second to some of the best catters on the water. lol I just wish you guys could make all of the tourneys, because without you guys entry fees first place is going to be pretty shabby payback. Vern
    P.S. I gave you some rep for second.

19. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    first off it was good to meet you and had fun fishin and talkin to you afterwards we didnt beat you by much vern beat you by more than me lol i only caught one all day had a few good bites but the fish where bitin slow maybe better next wkend come join us for some good catfishin fun who knows you might even take 1rst ......doubt it tho lol

20. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    It was nice meeting you guys too, and trying to beat you LOL. I will hopefully give it another try Easter weekend if they are going to still have a tournament that weekend. I was just happy to catch some fish. I was pertty happy with my second place finish though. If we were going to get beat by anyone I would rather it be you guys, and I don't think we did too bad against all of them guys that have been fishing the area for years.

P.S. Anyone for the area is more then welcome to join us in the tournaments. They are going to be almost every weekend from now until Oct. I believe. Contace myself, Vern, or Chuck and we can give you anymore information you need. Most of the time we launch out of Rising Sun or Aurora sometimes.