Southeast Georgia Guys....

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by Cathooker, Aug 18, 2006.

1. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    I need a little help please. My son has finally been drawn for the Ga Gator hunt. He has drawn the southeast region. He has never been there. I was stationed at Ft Stewart but that was 30 years ago. He is leaning towards the lower Altamaha but is open to suggestions. Would any of you please help point him in the right direction? He is 25 years old and has 20 years of hunting and fishing experience. I raised him in the woods and on the waters of the south. Good hard working young man that is really excited about this gator hunt. Thank you in advance
    Cathooker

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    The old rivers and cutoffs of the Savannah river have many nice size Gaters.From the 301 bridge to the Savannah Refuge.There are many nice Gators in the Salt Marshes too.peewee-williams

3. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    Thank you Pee Wee....

4. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    hey cathooker,
    there are plenty of really big gators in the altamaha.I was fishing last week for flat heads and a gator that was 10 to 12 ft. as best I could tell swam right next to my boat(within 2ft.).not a good feeling when you are kicked back with your feet off the corner of the boat. I have had several buddies come back from fishing and said they saw my new friend.

5. Bobby Parker

Bobby Parker New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That wasn't a gator, that was one of your buddies. (aka grumpy)

6. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    hey man ,
    just got this internet con. fixed so im back at least until the next storm. you know how I draw bad storms.what a weekend huh? just wanted to thank you for fishing in the tournament,and the dry clothes after my wild river ride.I hope we can get some more HONEST people together for the next one .thinking of having the next tournament at carter's bite got any ideas on a good date?(sooon very sooon)

7. Bobby Parker

Bobby Parker New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Spinner Cat, that was a rough night of fishing. I can deal with the rain, but I don't want no part of that lightning. I learned a few things though that will help me next time. I'm looking forward to having another one. My only problem is finding another Saturday when we will all be off. I'll see you at work tomorrow.
    God Bless
    Bobby

8. spinner cat

spinner cat New Member

State:
    hinesville,georgia
    hey bobby,
    when the trout are bitting at the coast and really good tides fell on work days I usually came down with ORANGE CORK FEVER a not so rare affliction that last for a day or so and is cured with a quart of shrimp and several large floresent corks.It was unfortunatly necessary for me to call in for sick leave.Im sure if you catch FLATHEAD FEVER,OR SOME 24 HR.CHANNEL CAT VIRIUS, on a saturday, we will all have to try catching a cure in the altamaha. you know my schedule is pretty flexable so im all for doing my part for a sick brother ha!ha!