South West Oklahoma - Catfishing Near FT.Sill?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by OBXterraSC, Apr 25, 2006.

1. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    NC (Fort Sill, OK right now)
    Anyone know of any good places for cats near Fort Sill. Have been spoiled by home in NC. (Great fishing!) Any tips would be appreciated.

BTW, I don't have a boat, will be bank fishing.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    within a reasonable distance. Red River, North Fork of the Red River, Altus-Lugert, Ft Cobb...Washita River. These are a few, but other than possibly the Red, don't expect BIG cats... Cobb has some 20-40 pounders.

3. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Not from your area but welcome to he BOC

4. NoodlingOkie

NoodlingOkie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey man, dont go to lake altus lugert it sucks right now for cats. levels are way down. sand bass and crappie are good though, but it's like an hour and a half from lawton. Tom Steed is pretty kick ass for crappie and some big cats. It's in Snyder like 30 minutes from Lawton.

5. OBXterraSC

OBXterraSC New Member

State:
    NC (Fort Sill, OK right now)
    thanks for the tips... :)

6. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Hey man, welcome to the BOC. Try Ellsworth. I've always heard great things about the catfishing there. We used to run trotlines there when I was a kid, but I've never fished with r&r there before. Also, you might try Lake Waurika to your south, or if you're wanting to travel a little bit, travel down southwest of Wichita Falls, TX to Lake Arrowhead. There's supposed to be great catfishing there. All of those should be within an hour of Lawton. Like the other fellas have already said, Altus-Lugert absolutely blows right now for catfish, I'd go somewhere besides there for sure.

Jerrod

7. txkatfish

txkatfish New Member

State:
    Holliday, Texas
    I have fished around the wichita mountians and lake elmer thomas has some nice kitty's. and the lake juust north of the info center has some nice cats to. but if you want some big cats lake arrowhead or lake kickapoo around wichita falls. i fish these these k
    lakes all the time.