South SC Rivers And Lakes

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by ArmyCatfish, Jan 30, 2008.

1. ArmyCatfish

ArmyCatfish New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Was wondering if anyone could point me towards any bodies of water near the border of Ga that have some good cats in um. im posted down at fortstewart but have learned recently there arnt any good blues around.

2. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'm in Charleston and don't go that far looking for cats, but it is my understanding that the Savanah River and all of it's impoundments all have cats. The lower Savanah also is supposed to have some pretty darn good striper fishing.

Plus if you are down near the border, then you might want to run down to the Altamaha River in GA.

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    My son Jon is in the 3rd Inf at Stewart.He is currently in Iraq but when he gets back I'll have him bring you along on one of our famous Santee trips.In the mean time there is plenty of good catfishing all around you.Go to the Catfishing Information by state on here and look up GA .You will find more info thatn you can imagine.:smile2:

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    well i havent fished there in a while but Hartwell is ok for cats and green wood is alright. Santte Cooper is your best bet for big cats in that part of the country.