South Louisiana Marsh Talk

Discussion in 'LOCAL LOUISIANA TALK' started by scout, Mar 12, 2006.

1. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Finally got to meet some fellow BOC members today in the marsh. Me and my wife meet up with Duane and Charlie today. We caught a few but Charlie put us all to shame with a 21 plus pounder. It was a very nice cat. Again guys, it was very nice to meet y'all. Here are a couple of pics of todays trip.

Attached Files:

2. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    I'm homesick and ain't even from there.

I spent the day with a BOC member and a soon to be member. We were swingin' metal detectors on the beach.

It's a good day all around when friends can enjoy each other.

3. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Nice fish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Bob we sure do miss you here. I made me a couple of new friends today and sure wish you were with us fishin today. Glad to here you meet up with some boc members to metal detect with. Did you find anything good?

5. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Man, I can't wait to get back down there again! Sounds like y'all had a good time. I'm jealous of that fish too. I didn't catch any today...:crying:

6. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    nice meeting you and yours, randall. hope to fish together again soon. got to give the thumbs up to duane, he put me on the 21 lber. i thought i was hung up and wanted to cut the line! i think duane had a big cat too, but it broke off, he uses 12 lb line. gonna try and make another cat trip mid week if the weather gets good. and sunday me and the wife are going to meet up with duane and his family for some crabbing. again, you and yours are welcome to come...... charlie r

7. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Yea it was a great day .God was smilling down on us for sure . Charlie is a convert from Bass fisherman to Catfish Master .man we caught a lot of tabby cats in one hole .Randall finally got to meet you and your wife and man thats a nice boat you got ! I think Charlies still smilling about that fish .I think me and Charlie gonna start making videos .( Catfishin the ICW ) coming to an area near you . Maybe we can get some girls to reel the catfish in for us .Man I can see it now at the next Sundance Film Festival .

8. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the invite Charlie, but I do not think I will be able to get away from work. I hope you guys do well, I have some friends that have been doing very well at Rollover. Joe I wish I could set us up a trip but I do not know where I will be working from day to day. It has been crazy. I never know when I will be off on the week-end. I wish they would hurry and fix our base in Intracostal so we can go back home. Duane you sure got Charlie hooked on cattin. Again it was nice to finally meet and fish with you guys. Good luck on y'all next trip.

9. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Randall, I think about fishing there in La alot this time of year. I'd love to spend a good day on the water with you. I'll try to make it happen some day.

Don't know Charlie, but I always thought it'd be a real hoot to meet up with Duane, and I'm thinking Charlie would be as much fun.

We didn't find much, just some old crusty modern coins and the usual junk, but it was a beautiful day. The ocean was calm and the temp in the mid 70's

10. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Bobpaul any time you wanna come down it would be great to have you .Bring your swim trunks if you go with Charlie he has a built in pool in his boat its like staying at motel 8 (just joking Charlie its the perfect catfish boat ) Me Charlie and Randall will take you out fishing between all of us we should be able to catch a eel or even a big gaspergoo !! Me and Charlie want to go in Randalls boat but seeing its a nice boat you have to dress well sunday best you know . Anyway love to have you i'll we wiill see if we cant put you on some fish .Charlie thanks for the invite last night but couldnt make it bud .Still looking at weekend to crab dont know for sure yet got check with the boss (wife) Anyway I will warm up the 8hp nissan ,lean her out get me an extra 2mph get some crab bait dont buy any I have plenty and take a bath ......wait it aint friday night .Shoot straight ,tell big fish stories and whatever you do plead the Fifth Admendment works every time . Im Serious I wouldnt lie im a fisherman :rolleyes:

11. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    cooked half the big cat, monday night. made a sauce piquante and fried a few pieces. it was delicious. let me tell yall how good a sport duane is, not only did he put me on the fish, he fileted all the fish and wouldnt keep half. heck, he even bought breakfast! my boat dont leak! a leak is drip....drip.....drip......my boat is more like bail....bail....bail.... lol ..........bobpaul...make it down here and lets go fish!

12. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Hey Charlie if you keep talking about me like that im gonna run for mayor of New Orleans ! Thanks bud but it wasnt all that .Your boat leaks so what find me a jon boat that doesnt .Hell find me a jon boat with a 21 lb catfish in it around here .Anyway looking foward to weekend trip gonna call you tonight find out if your going out tomorrow .Bobpaul the offer standss as long as I breath that goes out to anyone within forum distance .You come down I'll put you on fish and teat you like people should treat each other noone has enough friends .Randall dont work to hard buddy never heard a dying man wish he would of worked harder .Tight lines ,cold beer ,good friends ,beautiful wives

13. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    South Louisiana has some of my favorite people there. You folks stay alive long enough and we'll all fish together, that's a promise.

Charlie, I can get hold of some bilge pumps that put out 2200 gal's per hr. They take an 1 1/8 discharge hose. That should keep you floating, and their 12V too.

14. Duane

Duane New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Bobpaul I just converted him to a catfisherman from a Bass fisherman you gonna ruin him .Down here if they see me and Charlie fishing in a nicer boat people will be following us all day .signing autographs and women all waiting for us at the landing .Look at Randall nice boat good clothes works hard fishes with his wife respects other boaters .He is getting toooo good of a reputation between his redfish exploits and his catfish techniques in the bay he becoming quiet popular I can see the poparizzi following him soon .Me and Charlie have to stay out of the cameras eye .James Bond type of Catfishing .One day Charlie and I gonna show up at one of those catfish tournaments they have and these two old cajuns gonna show them boys how catfishin is done jon boat style ! You get that man to fixin up that boat and he will start to reverting to using depth finders again forgetting how to read water .Pulling out his bass tackle and thinking about his old ways Please The Thought Alone I Cant Stand To Bear

15. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Sorry Duane, I don't know what came over me. It must be from building these million dollar yachts. Them people have so much money that we put 3 of those big bilge pumps in these boats. One in the front, middle, and back. It's like they ain't sure where it's gonna spring a leak.

Keep the pee-cans handy and keep bailing. ;)

16. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Man the trash talk is getting deep lol:rolleyes: . Bob that would be great if we could all get together and do some fishing. I use to fish mostly by myself but lately my wife comes with me more and more and has even learned to cast a bait cast reel. She throws her own cast net also. My youngest daughter is in High School now and spends more and more time with her friends and my wife is having more time to spend time with me :crying: lol. Its all good though lol. Duane and Charlie, good luck to you guys if y'all make a trip. I do not know if I will be working this week-end yet so I do not know if I will be going or not.

17. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    That's good your wife can spend more time fishing with you, Randall, but don't let them girls spend too much time away from the water.

I heard from our friend April this past weekend. It was the first time since before her wedding this past November. Only reason I caught her on the net was that she was home sick.

When I mentioned the Chicot gathering, she said, "Oh #%$T" I forgot all about it, but was relieved when I said it was cancelled due to Katrina folks still living there. That's been one busy lady since she started teaching school.

I don't know if you've heard from her, but she did say she missed you all and wanted to get in touch for a fishing trip. She did bust her first deer this past hunting season.

I keep in touch with south Louisiana each day by tuning in KBON 101.1 on the net. It might be out of reach for your radio. That's the local Cajun station around Ville Platte area.

18. scout

scout Active Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Wow KBON, I listen to it all the time.It is in Duson La. I think. Man I sure do miss talking to April. Have not talked to her since she got married. If you talk to her tell her I miss her. You are right about keeping the girls on the water. I love when they want to go fishing. In fact we were planning on a trip this week-end but it looks like the weather will not be good. Pretty heavy rain chances. I will have my oldest Grandaughter this week-end and would love to be able to take her fishin. Talk to you later.

19. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    bobpaul, i was stationed at camp lejunne for awhile in the mid 70s. very nice state and the people were alot like around here, we were treated as guests where ever we went. i didnt do any fishing while i was there but did get out and squirrel hunted once. you could visit the beach and mountains in the same day. i will have to make a trip back there one day to onslows beach to collect some more shark teeth from the beach. charlie r

20. Bobpaul

Bobpaul New Member

State:
    Supply NC
    Charlie, we've got a few BOC members at Camp Lejunne, and the Marine airbase near by. Those guys up there should be treated as guests no matter where they are. You missed some great catfishing when you were here.

I'll be going out with a Marine friend I met when he was stationed near Paris Island, SC, in the near future. I'll post some pics of the fish we catch, and we will catch some fish.

That fish in my pic was caught in the Cape Fear River. The Bluecats bite good from now on into May. I just got to get there.