South Holston Lake

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Biscuit, Apr 4, 2007.

1. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

State:
    Va
    what kind of catfish is in the lake? who fishes this lake?

2. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    There are channels, flatheads and blues . I fish there sometime but I don't have a boat . Most of the lake is in tennessee though.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's a beautiful lake. I went boating on it once a couple years ago but the people I was with were more into drinking then fishing.

4. tnkatman

tnkatman New Member

State:
    Bluff City, TN
    Hey Anthony, I agree with Ed they're are all 3 species of catfish in South Holston Lake but South Holston is suppose to be 300 ft deep in some places and is deep and cold and it's not the easiest lake in the world to fish. Today I read in the local newspaper that a guy caught a 34 # Flathead while crappie fishing and I remembered your post and thought I would pass this info. along to you. I'm sure they're some huge cats in South Holston but they didn't get that way by getting caught. Good Luck.

5. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    I too can't offer much help. I fished that lake in the 70's and 80's when I lived in Va. along with Watauga also.
    Both are deep and cold. If memory serves me right, we used to fish a lot along 421 bridge. ear the pilings. I think I got a few 10 to 20 lber's there.
    Course things change over the years.
    I'd love to move back and fish both again.
    NOTE: Don't jump off 421 bridge in a wedding get-up.(yep, did that)

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've never fished it but I do know it's a beautiful place to get drunk! Ouch!