south fork ninnescah..

Discussion in 'KANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by kat king, Aug 13, 2008.

1. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    well decided to start a thread on this river instead of posting my brother and i's luck on the arkansas river thread so people dont get confused..:wink:..we have had alot of good luck so far to see any pics look at my bro's profile its big kat aka aaron and its the honey hole album..will have much more to post on this thread in the future i hope..:wink:..here is a picture of the sun set over the river..

Attached Files:

2. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the pic and we look forward to hearing your fishing stories/reports

3. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Looks like a good spot Patrick. :cool2:

4. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    ya its a good river to fish my hole is to the other side of the pic didnt want to reveil my fishing hole but you make it my way i would be glad to take you there keith..:wink:...

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Thanks Patrick. Yeah I havent been to Hutch in about 20 yrs. I might have to make it out there before the season is over. :wink:

6. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks

this river is actually by kingman but we could meet here in hutch and drive together to the hole..its worth the drive everytime we go..:wink:..have u seen the pics in my bros honey hole album its big kat..is his name aka aaron..

7. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah I saw them. Nice cats. :big_smile:

8. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    whenever you can make it this way send me a p.m and we will get something goin..i would like to get you kyle and gus to come down before the end of season will just have to see how it goes..:smile2:...ya my bro caught the biggins so far i told him my time will come soon enough and when it does it will be well worth the wait..:wink:..

9. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    well looks like the weather is going to play in favor for me and stay dry im keepin my fingers crossed but am still goin if it rains 1 more day and im off to hit a biggin i hope..:big_smile:..

10. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    finally the night is here and me and the bro are hittin the south fork got 3 dozen gills and a dozen carp and we aint leavin til its all gone..:eek:oooh::wink:

11. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Good luck Patrick. Its supposed to be a nice night. Im makin me some rod holders for the sand today so I can raid a sanbar and wait it out.:smile2: Im hittin the Big river tonight, the Lil one need a break.:wink:

12. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    :smile2: good luck to you also kyle i am so ready to go 4 more hours and im off to hit the river gonna be a long night for me so i prob wont post til morning o wait thats when i will be back..lol..:smile2::smile2::wink:...GOOD LUCK TO ALL HITTIN THE WATER TONIGHT!!!!!!!

13. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    well gotta say last night was the worst luck we have ever had at the hole i did get a 5lb flattie but he got off had a few good runs right before dark then nothing stayed til midnight man last night sucked o well the trip was fun tho...

14. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    ran into a problom last weekend had 3 dozen gills and a dozen carp in my bait bucket i have a airater on it so i figured they would be ok well was i wrong got to the spot and over half of my gills were dead:angry::crazy:..i was pissed could not figure out why had new battery in airater it was runnin good so i figured not enough air goin into the water had alot of big gills so there was probly a oxygen problom anyways so i bought another airater so now i have 2 on my bucket hittin the hole tommaro night hope i get me a biggin anyone else ever have this problom?

15. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Patrick , you might also want to try a bucket with a styrofoam insert. It keeps the water temp cool. Also, yeah 2 aerators work better than one. Those big bluegill will suck up some oxygen. :big_smile:

16. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Maybe too many in the bucket for too long. Try a cooler for transporting. The carp may have killed the perch too. They are a dirtier fish I think. You may need more water as well as cooler water temps. A cooler will give you both.

17. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Yeah that would work too. More space , more water, more oxygen, less temp. :big_smile:

18. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    thanx guys i might have to give that a shot i use a 5 gallon bucket and they were only in there for like a hour at the most and half of the water was fresh dont know but it sucked thanx for the info guys hows the fishing been for yal this week?

19. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Hey Patrick , do you have a big lots store out there?

20. kat king

kat king New Member

State:
    hutchinson,ks
    no unfortinatly gotta drive to witchita they got one.