South East Iowa gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL IOWA TALK' started by catfish kenny, Jan 7, 2008.

1. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I need everyone that would be interesteed in coming to a gathering in the Riverfront in KEOKUK to pipe up,1 weekend ...Here is the deal WE have camping access 1block from the boat ramp and on the river.If I get enough intrest I am gonna take it to the city council and tourismbeauro so we can reserve the area..I want to see though if there is enough intrest befor I commit and it might be next year before this happens so please speak up and feel free to P/M me.Right now this is just a Idea and I want to know if I put this work in and try to do it IS THERE ENOUGH INTREST AND I would appreciate anyones input because I will not be able to make this happen without you.

2. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I am in east Central Iowa. What is wrong with me? Wrong deodorant? You gonna limit to Southeastern Iowans? What, you got bigger corn fed women than we do? You not gonna invite the rest of us? Jeez Kenny, I only thought they were prejudiced in New York.

John.

3. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Beetle

To be any further SE in Iowa than Keokuk you'd have to be an amphibian (sp). LOL

4. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Kenny

I'm going back to work next week. Been off on medical. Although I'd be interested in getting together with you guys I cannot be sure of the time off.
    So you have a good solid "I dunno" from me.

have a good one
    just

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    BEETLEMAN You are always tryin to make me look bad but you are one of the first I am inviting if I can get the response and backing to put something togather here.Ofcourse you better be able to swim to cause yer gonna be a main attraction getting thrown in:wink:Not realy bro. If youd be willing to come down fer a weekend get yer butt down ....THIS COULD BE FUN!
    EVERYONE I AM SERIUOS I AM GIONG TO TALK TO CITY OFFICIALS..I AM SERIOUS HERE BUT I NEED YOUR HELP TOO SO SPEAK UP HERE AND NOW I PLAN TO USE WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY TO PUT THIS TOGATHER>

6. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Kenny, George and I will be there for sure, wouldn't miss it. Oh MY Gosh you and the John together! I would be afraid to see what will happen. Will there be cabins, hotel or motels close by? Thanks for all of the hard work that will go into this.
    Sharon

7. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sharon there are several hotels in town and the town is capable of hosting a few hundred easiley.I am working on the idea of the r/v camping site at the riverfront,the boat ramp is 3/4 block away if that.The Southside Boatclub is right next door and a pontential helper because I have friends in low places.:wink:

8. justwannano

State:
    SE Iowa
    Don't want to take over this thread.
    I've got a couple of fishing friends that might be interested.
    Wish I knew my schedule.
    hope you can get this off the ground.

good luck
    just

9. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I need feedback and feedback here...A LILL COMMITMENT TO..I am gonna give it my bestess.I have a few wabbits in thy ole hat as long as the forces stay with me.I am looking at mid july or late august 1 weekend friday to sunday bring yer poles its on the MIGHTY MISSIPPI if we can do it.

10. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Everyone express your intrest I talked to the city official in charge about waving some camping fees and diong this and I cannot stress the fact enough that I have had nothing but positive answears.I have to call her next week and we are gonna set up a meeting to discuss the issues at hand and possible dates that this can be done ,The second week of Feb I am to possibly attend a park board meeting on the matters at hand so I need you guys to speak up.I am putting some serious thought and time in here and I want it to all be worth it .

11. SHARON FLEMING

SHARON FLEMING New Member

State:
    IOWA
    Kenny, I am sure it will all be worth it, after yuo set the date then people can start making plans, if there is anything I can do let me know
    Sharon

12. madcater

madcater New Member

State:
    iowa
    i could probly make it down there let me know when

13. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Its up goto the gathering forum and look for S.E. IOWA POWERHOUSE RIVER BASH tis gonna be a good time

14. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If all goes well we will look forward to that day. I may possibly bring an elderly lady friend if that is ok.Hope all goes well so we can make the trip!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Sister Pat:big_smile:

15. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Like I said before Ken I'll do my best to be there.Got to meet the gift of gab Ole Post Beatle himself.Like I said your only 95 mls from us. Just keep us updated as to what is going on.

16. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    THIS LAST WEEK I HAVE BEEN BUSY WORKING AND HAVE NOT HAD TIME TO BE ON HERE OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER SO IF I AM MIA CONTACT SPORTICUS 1 .
    I DID MANAGE TO GET ME AND THE MISSUS FISHING LICENCE AND THE REST OF THE MATERIAL TO GET MY BOAT BACK ON THE TRAILER NOW i GOTSTA GET TO WORK ON THAT

17. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    IM there keep us posted, I got like 20 catfish buddies without the intranet or to lazy to join the site that would love to go.

18. vacatfishin'

vacatfishin' New Member

State:
    VA