South Central Kansas

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by ken_hawk, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    Anyone around here live in Harvey, Butler, or Reno County? I live in Harvey county in Halstead. I primarily fish the Little Arkansas River since it runs north of my town, but I also fish El Dorado Lake and Marion Resovoir. Any advice on baits and/ or locations to fish in any of the waters I fish?

2. KansasKatter

KansasKatter New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    Hey Ken, welcome to the BOC. The only water you mention that I fish it Eldorado, and I did not even hit the lake there last year because it was so low. As for bait, live black perch are the best, next would be salties, or live shad, depending on what you are chasing.

3. nitro kitty

nitro kitty New Member

State:
    kansas
    Welcome to the BOC, I've fished the Arkansas but it's been by Oxford. Never fished north and east of Wichita.

4. Catfish Fever

Catfish Fever New Member

State:
    Wside, Mil
    Ken, welcome to the BOC, keep an eye out for posts here in a month or two. There's a bunch of us the go to El Dorado for a weekend of fishing. The lake was down last year too, but we still were able to catch a few Cats, even a Walleye, LOL. It would be nice if you could make it and meet up with us.

5. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    thanks guys. and i'd love love to meet up and go fishing with yall sometime. i'm only 18 so i don't have a boat of my own,lol. i've caught some nice fish there off the dock before with stinkbait. i think i'll try the black perch there or the sunfish i always catch when i go walleye fishing. the biggest i've ever caught there was about a 12lbs cat.