South cental Pa. report.

Discussion in 'Trout Fishing' started by Cattitude, May 1, 2009.

1. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I have been out alot since the opening day fishing and observing. I have noticed that on opening days and right after stocking the trout are hitting almost anything from power bait to shiners, rooster tails and nightcrawlers. On opening day my family and I fished the local river here in waynesboro. It was heavely stocked and we saw everyone get between three and there limit of rainbow stocked trout. In this location the fish came out of Hunstdale hatchery and were of the 8 to 11 inch size but the were fat and had alot of meat on them. Everything we caught was on shiners. Later in the day we went ot ortanna ponds with mild success. Again the trout were hitting on everything with reports of people catch up to 30 fish. Most got there limits within the first few hours. We arrived late in the day and caught a few. Since then we have fished waynesboro rez with no luck it was a very windy day. We returned to ortanna and for the most part the trout now are hitting power bait in deep water. Taking around 3 hours to get the limit. Have also hit long arm dam and sheppard myers with out any luck. Have fun out there and let us all know how things are going in your area.

2. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    Trout are still hitting well even with the rain. Been out a few times and have caught my limit all times. Still hitting the rainbow sparkle power bait on the bottom.

3. Cattitude

Cattitude New Member

State:
    Waynesboro Pa.
    I've been out just a few times as of late. Caught a real nice rainbow last night 18 inches and all but 3.25 pounds. I caught it at night using orange sparkel power bait on the bottom. Only fish we got was that one. Last few times we went bite wasn't as strong. Gonna have to switch to minnows soon seeing that is what they been eating out of the lakes and such.