South Carolina Question

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Ed1, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have the infisherman video Predators on the prowl where doug stangee and steeve hoffman are fishing in a canal below a lake in south carolina. Dose anyone know what canal they are fishing in ?

2. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If its the 1 where they are bank fishing it is the Re-diversional canal in St Stephens.

3. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yes it is the one where they are bank fishing . thanks

4. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am thinking about a fishing trip in that area in late march or early april would the catfishing be good then and would I be better off fishing there or in the diversion canal between the lakes?

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ed, the rediversion canal can be very good during that time, especially if the lakes have enough water for the Corps of Engineers to release plenty of water through the dam and fish lift there. The blue back herring and American shad make their spawning run up through there, and the catfish are there for an easy meal. If you decide to go, pm me and I can give you directions. There is a motel in nearby St. Stephen, and Arrowhead Campground is near the downstream end of the canal.
    Another good spot sometimes is the Wilson Landing area just below the Santee Dam on Lake Marion, where the old Santee River heads off downstream.

Attached Files:

6. Ed1

Ed1 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    thanks . when it gets a little closer to time I will try to contact you. That is as long as gas don't goto 4 dollars a gallon again.

7. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Ed either place you fish you will just be a short drive to the other. I dont hink 1 would be better than the other but you would be likely to catch some stripers in the re-diversion canal.

8. The Out-Fisherman

The Out-Fisherman New Member

State:
    Charleston, SC
    Both the rediversion and the diversion are excellent places to fish!

9. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ed, March would probably be a little better than April, but either will work. The fish lift there on the canal is scheduled to start up this week, which will release additional flow into the canal, which attracts the ocean run herring and shad on their spawning runs, which attracts the catfish and stripers, etc. Hurry on down, if you can. :smile2: