South Carolina Chug & Hug

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by blackwaterkatz, Apr 13, 2008.

1. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Last year, we had a little gathering up on Lake Murray, thanks to a number of people from GA, NC, and SC jumping in to help organize the event, and all those who brought food or drink. That was in September, pretty warm, but a great day on Lake Murray.
    Just thought I would put a bug in everyone's ear about having another one this year. It's not too early to be giving some thought to when and where. Unfortunately, I am so tied down right now that I don't have a lot of time to spare, so maybe we can get another community effort going. Some may rather have it earlier than last year, or even move it back into the fall a little more. Just wanted to start the process and see where we can go with it. We have a number of new members now, and it would be nice to get together and put names and faces together again. Post your thoughts and we'll try to get going.
    Does anyone have a link to pics from last year?

2. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    im redy anytime its fun to chug that hug will take a lot of chuging for some but lets get it going im open for anytime lets see if we can get a two or three day gathering up im open except the first two wks of june will be in the smokies at that time.

3. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Fellows, I think I would like to do that this year, maybe I can get little Ronnie or maybe Tommy to take me out so I can get me a big one. Mac

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Sounds great I cant wait I say we all get together and rent out the big house at Blacks. We can all get Capt. Roundhill to teach us how to catch some fish and tell some TALL tails.LOL

5. jk888

jk888 Member

State:
    GA
    I am for it and anytime would be fine for me. I will do what I can to assist just let me know what I need to do.

Jim

6. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Count this ole wayward Georgia boy in

7. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    I really enjoyed it last year! Let me know how I can help.

8. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I'd like to try and come by this year. It would be great to meet everybody!

9. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Last year was great! :big_smile:let me know what I can do.

10. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    It's still early in the year, but this is a good spot to put together some suggestions for locations and time, then we can go from there. For those who weren't there, we were at Lake Murray last year, and Lake Wylie the year before, so we may want to either move it down a little to Santee Cooper area, or even upstate to Monty or someplace like that. A little later we (someone) can do a poll, but it may be a little early just yet. As I mentioned, my time is pretty tight right now; hopefully will ease up some as we get into the summer months, though.

11. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Oct. is a killer month on the upper end above I95 and the State Park is right there. Also Poplar Creek has that huge new outdoor shelter available now.......just throwing around a couple of suggestions

12. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Tommy, I had a great time last year at the gathering. Also I like the Lake Murray location it seemed to be more centrally located for a good number to attend. I also like the Idea posted earlier about a multi day event. Maybe it would help those that are not able to attend the one day make it to the next.

13. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    The Lake Murray location is centrally located. I liked Wylie, but that was because it was in my backyard!!!!

I vote for Lake Murray.

Second would be somewhere on Santee because of the fishing, the various accomodations from fish camps to campers, and it IS the catfish capital of the world!!

Either fall, or the hottest part of the summer in August is best. May has so many things going on toward the end of the school year and all the racing events around Charlotte, June is the end of school and many people are planning vacations, as they are in July.

September is not much cooler, and there is the Cabelas King Kat Classicevent at the end of the month and a Carolina Catmen event the 13th on Santee. Things are back to normal somewhat from the summer.

PERHAPS the gathering could coincide with the Carolina Catmen tournament on Santee the 13th???????

14. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I like that idea Dieter. A lot of BOC Members are all ready planning on being down at Rocks Pond that weekend. Plenty of camping spots. Good Fishing that time of the year. And I'm sure that the Carolina Catmen can come up with some kind of a Special Prize for the BOC member that finishes highest in the tournament.

15. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    that would be a good idea of having it run with the Catmen Tourney,I did not get to attend last years but would like to this year if all possible and that would help out alot by having it coincide with a Tourney,sounds like alot of fun,Rocks Pond definately has the facilities to host that type of setting

16. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    I'm always looking for an excuse to go to Santee, and that would be a good one!! :wink:

That weekend will be two weeks after Labor Day, and two weeks before the Cabelas King Kat Classic. It will still be hot, and HOPEFULLY the lake will still have some water!!

Maybe we can get some folks from the lowcountry to attend this one since it is a little closer to home. Obviously, Santee is a good destination for those wanting to fish, so that makes it a little easier to make the trip. I am sure there will be room on some boats for folks that are not dragging a boat down.

More thoughts please! :eek:oooh:

17. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I love it I say lets make it happen cause I will be there 1 way or the other. CC and the BOC will be a great time.

18. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I talked to Gary Case this weekend and he said he loved the idea and if we decided to have a gathering at the same time and location as the Carolina Catmen tournament he would come up with a special prize (FISHING GEAR or CASH) to the BOC member that finishes highest in the tournament. Just to let us all know that the Carolina Catmen Championship is not an open tournament you have to qualify for it.

19. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I believe that might also be the weekend of the Randolphs tourney so one can have their choice of tourneys to fish!!I'll have to check but the Rand.Tourney is usually the 3 rd weekend in Sept.:smile2:

20. WylieCat

State:
    NC
    Randolph's National Championship Catfish Tournament is the 20th and 21st.

The Carolina Catmen is the 13th.