South Carolina BOC VIP for 2007

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by sarSWAMPFOX, Dec 29, 2007.

1. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I would like to ask South Carolina BOC members to post the member they think is the South Carolina BOC VIP for 2007. Tell why you think they are the VIP be it good info, caring personality, honesty, etc. There some tough choices out there on the SC site. Just to name a few blackwaterkatz , mudkip , foothills, rivercatsc ,martygreen , chrisblue , or any other you might want to add.

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thats a neat idea!! :big_smile:

Everyone post a person, and then after a week or so take the top three and do poll where everyone can vote!!

I take it that they need to be a resident of SC?

3. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Yeah Dieter thats the idea. Its hard for me to choose so a little help would be appreciated. So come on guys & gals make your nominations.

4. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    I'll make it a little interesting and present the winner with an award.

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    That is a great idea, but I'd like to respectfully withdraw my name from consideration. I don't belong in the same class as some of the names mentioned. I enjoy helping anyone that I can, if I can, and a lot of the information that I'm able to pass along came from contact with, and learning from, a lot of other catfishermen, along with a little bit of experience.:wink: I've had an awful lot going on lately and don't get to post as much as I'd like, but I still make a point to read as many posts as I can. Y'all do a super job, one of the best forums on the BOC, IMHO. :big_smile:
    I'd love to vote for some of those names, but it is gonna be a hard choice. All of them do a super job, in my opinion.
    I almost forgot to add a thought that hit me while I was pecking out this post: collectively, we (the BOC) all possess much, much more knowledge of fishing that any one of us could possibly do as individuals.

6. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    Tommy it would be very hard not to put your name in the hat, for all the helpfull info you give to us all, and for being the great BOC ambassador that you are.

7. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    this is a tuff choice to make for me but since tommy backed out i going have to throw a vote for chris blue. ive only meet chris one time and that was 2006 and was impressed to say the least. i sent him pms a number of times and he came back with a good response even when it came to lake x.:smile2: he never did tell me where it was because i didnt want to know but he told me what he was using and how he was using it so i could try it on my lakes. hats off to chris blue for me. tuff choice though. lot of good names there and i just dont know all of you.

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i would like to 2nd that vote,I have never fished with chris either,but i have fished against him a few times in tourneys,it seems that he is the frontrunner at each and every event.He is a super guy to talk with in person and on the forum,he has recieved alot of unwarranted criticism lately and handled it very well,as would be expected.HE has as much catfishing knowledge as anyone I have ever met and shares it openly with everyone,My vote is for Chrisblue.IF we had a runnerup position I would chose a tie for wyliecat and mudkip,2 more great guys with loads of info to share.

9. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Thanks for the kind words, but I live five miles too far north to qualify!!! :smile2:

10. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    I would have to vote for MUDKIP. He taught me the basics and more to get me started in the right direction Catfishing. I enjoy reading all the posts from the others mentioned and have learned alot from them, but MUDKIP started it all for me.

11. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    i know,but ya live on your boat on the south carolina side of wylie more than you do at home lol.

That was my bad,i know that and forgot it,after I had just read it above also,been a long day:wink:

12. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Yeah I'd have to say ChrisBlue. He will answer any stupid question I got. Thats saying alot! He woked is a$$ off trying to get legislation passed on Greenwood to improve the lake fo the rest of us. Heck of a good guy. BUT, then again there is POP POP! One of the nicest people you could ever meet. He is always tying to make eveyone feel good about themselves. Hell he even caught his new PB's in both Blue and Channel. He has had a steller year.

13. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I will have to put my vote in for FLOPEYE. A man that catches an 70+lb blue weekly is the man in my vote.LOL

Seriously I think Chris would be a great canidate he always has a great answer for every question I have ever asked. There are alot of Great catmen on this site and it would be immposible in my opinion to narrow it down to just one.

14. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I appreciate the kind words about me but..... Like Tommy said theres to many VIP's on here, its hard to pick one.

If I had to pick it would be Tommy.If more people in the world could be like Tommy then the world would be alot better off.He welcomed me to the site when I first joined and never doubted (bad spelling) what I was saying like a few others did.He has went way way out of his way to help me and many others on this site.Anybody that wants to know somethin about any body of water in the low country and Tommy is there to help.Things like making 40 slinky weights and driving out of his way to get them to me so I can fish in a tournament and never excepting anything (and still hadnt) and buying an MMC card and downloading updates off his computer for my Lowrance (because I couldnt) and sending them to me in the mail and still not excepting anything in return.Thats just to name a few.

Thats just some of the reasons why Tommy is and will be the VIP of SC BOC wether theres a poll or not.

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Greg, Thanks for the kind words.:wink: I'm putting in my vote for Chrisblue. He's helped so many have better success as catmen. It's been an honor to get to know the man that I now call friend.

I'd like to also add Bruce Edmunds and Patmansc as honorable mention.

16. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    I would have to admit that there are several Carolina (both North & South)boys that are definite BOC VIP's; they respresent the best of sporting catfishermen AND are gentlemen to boot! I have had the pleasure of meeting some in person, and have spoken to others on the board. It seems unfair to try to pick one over the other, 'cause in my book more than one could be chosen. But as the purpose of this thread is to do just that, then I would have to vote for Chrisblue, because he has spent quite a bit of his time sharing his knowledge of catfishing with me. I can remember the days when I would take to the water armed with good intentions, nightcrawlers, liver & shrimp, tightlining my rods and drifting anywhere & anywhere fast enough to almost tow a skier, and then wondering why I wouldn't catch anything :smile2: Thanks to his help, I'm now catching good fish on a regular basis, even tho I have been know to still bring along a shrimp or two! In addition, I know that he has helped many others like me this year, even in spite of undue criticism from those who don't really know him. So at the risk of slighting others who are also great ambassadors of the BOC, my vote goes to Chris.

17. wylie catter

wylie catter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I would have to vote for Chisblue. I've only met him once, but I've learned so much from his posts it's unreal. And if I was fishing for a million dollars I'd want him as a partner.

Mudkip is a close second, maybe even tied. He's a super nice guy and an extreemly good fisherman.

I know Wylie Cat can't compete but just let me say... About 2 weeks ago I sent Mudkip and Wylie Cat both a PM asking about lake wylie for the following day, within (((5 minutes))) they both replied with paragraphs of info and advice. You can't buy that in a store. I guess that's why we all love the BOC.

Great guys.

18. big corey

big corey New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    ill have to give my vote to rivercatsc because he has been the
    most help to me and shared alot of helpful info

19. sarSWAMPFOX

sarSWAMPFOX New Member

State:
    Union, South Caroilna
    This is great guys. Not to just pick out over the rest all together we're just saying for the 2007 year. Loads of VIPs on here. I know its hard to choose.
    I love that eveyone is giving the reasons for there choice, different people know certain good deeds that BOC brothers & sisters do that not everyone sees or hears about and now some of those tales are coming out. Thanks for posting & keep posting.

Names in (not in any order) Chisblue, Mudkip, rivercatsc, POP POP, Bruce Edmunds, Patmansc

Tommy it seems like alot think your name should be in here.

And we also should recognize our regular NC & GA brothers Wyliecat, lakenormanblues, Roundhill, jk888

20. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Ok, this one isn't easy for me so this is how it's gonna go down, LOL.

Pat...the 1st person I personally met on the BoC. He is one of the nicest even temper people you will ever meet. Pat is also the 1st person to invite me fishing in a boat to go drifting. Pat's a great thinker and we get along great ; ) we are always tossing ideas and info at each other, trying to improve our game in any way we can. The other thing about Pat is that I consider him more than just a fishing buddy now, we just have a lot in common. Another good thing about Pat is that his wife is a GREAT cook so we always get goodies to snack on, even take home goodies ; )~ With out Pat I wouldn't have the opportunities to go out on the water drifting, I'm just a poor boy who loves his catfishing and Pat has never asked for one penny...thanks brother, maybe one day the favors will be repaid. If I had 2 wishes ( yes I get the 1st wish ; ), the second wish would be for Pat to catch a #80 blue, on Hartwell, over a oyster bed, using shrimp, at 11am ( he don't like getting up early ). He also put in a good word for me with other BoC members who I would never have met if it wasn't for him. And last but not least I have to give him credit for my Pb channel cat this year. The rod went down and I was there so Pat said go ahead and bring it in even when it was his turn and....bam, Jims Pb was in the boat ; ) So now with all this said, Pat gets my vote.

Doug, well I can't say enough about him. I would describe him as a quality man. His respect for his friends and family are top notch. That's something I look for in a person....hard to come by these days. As far as learning, Doug by far has taught me the most. He respects the fact that someone else taught him a lot and gives that person full credit for it, I admire that ; ) The great part for me is that I don't need to ask him a lot of stuff because he would always just seem to take it on his own to describe what he is doing and why. Doug has also put me on more fish than I've ever seen in my life, and a lot is also owed to him for bringing me along in his boat. His advice and friendship are priceless. So with all this said, Doug gets my vote for sure.

Chris.....I've seen Chris help a lot of people on posts. Chris is prolly the 1st person to Pm me some advice when I joined. I don't know him as well as Pat and Doug but it's obvious they are all cut from the same mold. Chris is just a giant cat fishing library and the man knows what he is doing. I have a lot of respect for the guides here on BoC for sharing information. It takes a lot for a person in my book to teach something for free when that's how you make a living. I enjoy watching Chris and others calling while we are fishing to get a report. If things are slow they will swap out ideas to figure out where they are. It's pretty cool watching them stick together like that....its all about the fishing. If I had to name the worst day of 2007 it would have be the day I had to turn down a trip fishing with Chris, LOL . So as far as on-line help goes for SC , I would have to vote for Chris for sure.

Ok, so by now I guess you can figure out that I'm not going to vote. There just isn't a fair way to do it.

-Jim-